Do you know how to mantain good circulation?
Your circulation involves the supply of blood throughout your body. It helps all your muscles and organs to function properly.
When circulation ceases to work properly, it’s common to experience symptoms such as the following:
- A sensation of heaviness
- Lack of energy
- Tingling in the extremities
- Numbness in the body
- Primary organ failure
Fortunately, there are plenty of different methods that can improve these problems.
If you’re trying to find out how to improve your circulation, in today’s article we’ll show you how.
How does your circulation work?Your heart pumps oxygen-rich blood to all your tissues and vital organs, such as your:
In addition, the blood must also be recirculated back to the heart.
Oxygen-poor blood moves through the veins from your tissues to the heart. From there, it goes to your lungs where it receives fresh oxygen. This cycle is repeated when that oxygen-rich blood returns to your heart from the lungs and is pumped through the body again.
Some of the best ways to maintain good circulation include the following:
We also suggest you read: 5 tips for healthy kidneys
1-Cayenne pepperCayenne pepper contains capsaicin, a chemical compound that performs the following tasks:
- Regulates cholesterol levels
- Cleanses arteries and blood vessels
- Purifies the blood
You can use this spice in a variety of dishes, teas, soups, and juices. To be even more effective, we recommend trying it in the following recipe.
- The juice from three lemons
- 2 cups of water (400 ml)
- 1 tablespoon of honey (25 g)
- 2 teaspoons of cayenne pepper (20 g)
- Squeeze the lemon juice and add it to a jar.
- Next, add the two cups of water.
- Stir in the tablespoon of honey and two teaspoons of cayenne pepper.
- Leave it for 20 minutes to refrigerate.
- Serve with some ice.
Mode of consumption
- To maintain healthy circulation, we suggest drinking one or two glasses of this lemonade a week.
2-Dry brushingDry brushing is one of the best ways to improve your skin’s appearance, as well as to increase the blood supply, provide oxygen to your cells, and optimize your circulation.
To perform dry brushing correctly, you should:
- Buy a wooden or soft bristle brush.
- Massage your skin using deep, circular movements.
- Rotate the brush slowly toward your heart.
- Repeat this process twice.
In addition, dry brushing can help reduce cellulite and eliminate dead skin cells.
3-Cold and hot showers
Hot and cold showers are easy ways to improve the circulation in the body.
They work in the following ways:
- Cold water helps contract your lymphatic vessels.
- Hot water helps dilate the lymphatic vessels.
Alternating hot and cold showers can create a pumping effect that will increase lymphatic drainage and blood flow through your veins.
To perform this correctly, alternate each water temperature for five minutes, allowing the water to reach your entire body.
We also suggest: Is showering daily bad for your health?
Jumping not only helps improve your circulation – it will also improve the distribution of blood throughout the body.
To perform this correctly, just do the following:
- Stand with your back straight and arms at your sides.
- Separate your feet until they are parallel with your shoulders.
- Bend your knees a little and push yourself off to get as high as possible.
- Perform three sets of 10 repetitions.
You can also use a jump rope, because it performs the same function.
To keep your circulation in optimum condition, you can also try the following:
- Maintain a healthy diet with plenty of fruits and vegetables to improve the supply of oxygen in the blood.
- Drink between 1.5 and 2 liters of water a day: this will keep you hydrated and improve blood flow.
- Increase your fiber intake to control cholesterol and improve circulation.
- Adding garlic to your meals can reduce cholesterol levels, improve circulation, and cleanse your blood.
- Regular consumption of vitamins C and E help maintain the health and flexibility of the arteries.
- Having a relaxed lifestyle with low stress improves blood flow and circulation in general, while also decreasing your blood pressure.
Following all these tips will help you maintain healthy circulation and you’ll see how that heavy feeling disappears.
In addition, you’ll have more energy throughout your day.