7 Foods that Protect Your Kidneys and Bladder
The kidneys and the bladder play a key role in our body. This is not only because they are essential to the urinary system, but also because they act together with the liver. Basically, they remove waste that is filtered from the bloodstream. Today we look at different foods that can help to protect your kidneys and bladder.
For starters, the kidneys are responsible for filtering and cleansing around 400 pints of blood a day. Then the bladder stores the urine produced until it is expelled.
Both of these fulfill these tasks as part of their biological processes. However, they sometimes have difficulties due to the excessive accumulation of toxins or the development of infections and inflammatory problems.
For this reason, we recommend practicing habits that help to strengthen their functions. And, this is especially important in relation to our diet, and we can take advantage of the properties of certain foods. After all, when absorbed, these foods help strengthen our organs so that they work more efficiently.
Do you know which foods protect the kidneys and bladder most?
1. How to protect your kidneys and bladder with cranberries
Thanks to their high content of essential nutrients, cranberries are considered one of the best foods for protecting the urinary system.
- Their antioxidant ingredients support the process of eliminating toxins, strengthening renal function and optimizing the production of urine.
- They have anti-inflammatory properties that help to prevent problems like cystitis, an illness that regularly affects the bladder.
- Also, eating cranberries stops bacteria and viruses from attacking the tissues of these organs, thus preventing infections.
- And, finally, they are a complementary remedy against kidney stones, because they help to eliminate calcium and uric acid deposits.
Read also: The Benefits of Cranberry Juice
Another food which can protect your kidneys and bladder is celery It is a diuretic vegetable that has been used for centuries as a remedy against ailments that affect that kidneys.
- It contains high levels of potassium, a mineral that promotes the expulsion of retained liquids, thus preventing inflammatory problems.
- Its antioxidants support the breakdown and expulsion of toxins, making it easier for them to pass through the urinary tracts.
- Additionally, celery has anti-inflammatory properties, which reduce the risk of developing diseases of the kidneys and bladder.
This well-known tropical fruit contains water and powerful antioxidants that help to hydrate the body, improving the functioning of the urinary system.
- Eating it regularly reduces the inflammation caused by liquid retention, one of the factors that interferes with the tasks of the kidneys.
- It acts as a natural remedy against cystitis, stimulating the production of urine to remove the bacteria accumulated in the walls of the bladder.
- It contains potassium and magnesium, minerals that participate in the work of the kidneys.
- Its fiber and antioxidants help to filter the toxins present in the blood, preventing them from accumulating in excessive quantities.
Pineapple is one of the best foods for protecting the health of the kidneys and the immune system.
- Its main benefits are attributed to its high content of bromelain, a powerful enzyme that helps to break down the toxins that are filtered out of the blood.
- This substance gives pineapple anti-inflammatory and antibacterial effects, ideal for reducing the risk of infections in the urinary system.
- Additionally, it contains vitamins A and C, which help strengthen our defenses to improve our response to attacks by bacterial agents.
- On top of that, it helps to calm the irritation of the bladder and reduces the risk of kidney stones.
Strawberries are full of antioxidants and essential nutrients that support kidney function, preventing difficulties derived from the retention of liquids and toxins.
- For instance, their vitamins and minerals help to regulate inflammatory processes, reducing the risk of organ failure.
- They inhibit the negative effects of free radicals, which are responsible for cellular oxidation.
- And, finally, they reestablish the balance of liquids, thus optimizing urine production.
Visit this article: 8 Things that Strawberries do for Your Health
Eating spinach has become popular over the last few years. First off, it is a low-calorie food that offers us important essential nutrients.
- It is beneficial for the urinary system because it has diuretic properties that help to encourage the elimination of liquids.
- And, its antioxidants improve the renal process that filters toxins from the blood and also counteract the negative impact of free radicals.
- It acts as a tonic for the bladder, preventing the irritation of its tissues in cases of bacterial infections.
Especially when prepared as an infusion, parsley is a natural remedy. After all, it helps detox the kidneys and so prevent chronic illnesses.
- It contains chlorophyll, antioxidants and natural fibers that favor the elimination of waste. As a result, this prevents waste from accumulating in the tissues of the kidneys.
- Additionally, it helps to relieve inflammation in the urinary tracts. This is especially true in the case of kidney stones and infections.
- Also, it is a diuretic, so it facilitates relief from liquid retention.
Are you suffering from a urinary infection? Are you worried about having to protect your kidneys and bladder? Try increasing your consumption of these foods to take advantage of their benefits.
Also, remember to complement them with drinking water every day, given that this liquid is essential to keep these organs healthy.