Garlic and Orange as Treatment for Varicose Veins
Applying this treatment for varicose veins can help to improve the circulation in the affected area by diminishing their appearance.
The appearance of varicose veins is an aesthetic problem that frequently affects women. It refers to twisted and inflamed veins which are clearly visible, especially on the legs and feet. So, a treatment for varicose veins might be the reason you’re reading this article.
Many women don’t experience related ailments and seek to get rid of them because they consider that they affect their beauty.
However, it is almost always necessary to intervene because they trigger a series of symptoms that affect the quality of life.
This is because, although this tends to be ignored, they are the initial sign of circulatory problems which can cause serious health complications.
Fortunately, before this happens, we can access several external treatments that help to reduce them while re-establishing the circulation.
In this blog, we want to share a remedy with garlic and orange, the properties of which can be made use of as a complement to relieve this problem.
Try it out!
Garlic and orange – a treatment for varicose veins
By combining the properties of garlic with orange juice, we can obtain an alternative treatment for varicose veins that form on the legs.
While it is not a miracle product or anything like it, applying it constantly can improve the circulation in the problem areas and so diminish their appearance.
Among other things, it helps to relax tired legs and calm the uncomfortable feeling of bloating which occurs due to liquid retention.
We recommend you read: 5 Simple Ways to Reduce Water Retention
Benefits of garlic against varicose veins
Garlic is one of the most popular ingredients in traditional medicine. It contains important essential nutrients which can help with the treatment of many problems that frequently affect our health.
- It contains sulfur compounds which have an anti-inflammatory and antioxidant effect which benefits cardiovascular health.
- Also, it has a vasodilatory effect which helps to unblock the arteries in cases of accumulation of fats or narrowing.
- It activates the blood circulation and prevents the formation of clots, varicose veins, and other inflammatory disorders.
- And, it calms the sensation of tingling and bloating which is often caused by circulatory difficulties.
- It reduces pain in the lower part of the body because it helps to return the blood to the heart without so much difficulty.
Benefits of oranges against varicose veins
Although it is not the most popular natural ingredient for treating varicose veins, orange juice is an interesting complement for helping to control this problem.
- Mixing it with garlic reduces the dilation of the veins and re-establishes the blood flow.
- It relaxes the affected areas and reduces bloating, pain and the sensation of numbness that accompanies this condition.
- It reduces liquid retention in the legs, a factor which is related to circulatory difficulties.
- In addition to this, it acts as a tonic for the skin, helping to conserve its elasticity and firmness.
See also: Signs that You Have Poor Circulation
How to prepare this home garlic and orange remedy
This home garlic and orange remedy is an alternative to some of the salves and topical use products that tend to be sold for relieving varicose veins.
Its effects are not immediate but, following several applications, you will start to feel an improvement.
For this reason, it is important to be consistent with applying it in order to achieve satisfactory results in less time.
- 3 oranges
- 5 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil (32 g)
- Glass Jar
- Wooden spoon
- Extract the juice from the oranges and pour it into the glass jar.
- Peel the garlic cloves, crush them until you have a paste and then add it to the jar.
- Add the olive oil and stir all the ingredients with the wooden spoon.
- Cover the jar and leave it to stand for 10 to 12 hours before using it.
Method of application
- Rub the treatment into the areas affected by varicose veins.
- Massage the area for 5 to 8 minutes to increase the absorption of the nutrients.
- After this time, wrap the area in clingfilm, without squeezing it too much.
- Leave it to act for 40 minutes and rinse.
- Repeat the remedy each night before you go to bed, or at least 3 times a week.
Note: Avoid exposing your skin to the sun after using this remedy because this could lead to discoloration due to its citric acid content. Rinse with plenty of water.
Complement the use of this treatment for varicose veins with a good diet and physical exercise.