How to Reduce Cellulite by Eating a Healthy Diet
In this article we’ll tell you why it’s important to eat a healthy diet if you want to reduce cellulite.
Cellulite: it’s every woman’s nightmare, no matter her age, weight, or figure. While some people think it only affects those who are overweight, the truth is that it’s a problem that affects women of all shapes and sizes.
Tips to help reduce cellulite through your diet
Diet and healthy skin go hand in hand. If you’ve noticed the first signs of cellulite or want to make those little dimples that have formed on your thighs or bottom less noticeable, take the following advice into account:
- Drink 8 cups of water a day.
- Eat foods high in fiber, potassium, and vitamin C.
- Do a cleanse for a week.
- Eat a diet rich in protein and low in carbohydrates and fat.
- Do some physical activity several times a week.
- Choose raw fruits and vegetables.
- Limit your consumption of salt, soda, alcohol, and coffee.
Want to learn more? Avoid these 7 Foods and Eliminate Cellulite
Sample diet to reduce cellulite
A dietary plan to help reduce cellulite has other goals too, such as controlling your intake of carbohydrates, fats, and sugar that accumulate in the connective tissue.
This anti-cellulite diet restricts foods that are bad for you and can help you lose an estimated 10 pounds in two months.
A typical day with this diet is made up of the following foods:
- Breakfast: 1 cup (8 oz) of herbal tea, two slices of whole grain bread with low-fat cream cheese and a glass (7 oz) of orange juice.
- Mid-morning: an apple or yogurt.
- Lunch: tuna salad with tomato, celery, lettuce, carrots, and onions.
- Snack: a cup of tea (250 ml) with rice crackers topped with low-fat cream cheese.
- Dinner: two fillets of haddock with green beans and a baked potato.
Foods that fight cellulite
Basically, we have to add four food groups to our diet if we want to reduce cellulite while improving our overall health at the same time:
1. Foods that stimulate your lymphatic system
These are foods low in sodium and high in potassium. They help your body eliminate extra fluids and any toxins through your urine and sweat.
A few examples:
- Brussel sprouts
2. Low-calorie foods
These foods are good for weight loss because they contain minimal calories. At the same time, they provide your body with abundant vitamins, minerals, and other nutrients it needs to stay energized.
A few examples:
3. Natural laxatives
Foods that prevent constipation are very helpful in fighting cellulite. They help get rid of accumulated toxins and help you feel full due to their fiber content.
A few examples:
4. Liver detoxifiers
These are in charge of cleansing your liver and helping it function properly: filtering and detoxing your body.
If this organ doesn’t work properly, fat easily accumulates in certain parts of your body.
A few examples:
Check this article out: This Onion Remedy Helps to Cleanse Your Kidneys
Foods that will help you say goodbye to cellulite
Diet is undoubtedly essential to combating cellulite. That’s why we recommend eating the following foods to efficiently reduce cellulite, and look and feel great.
1. Sunflower seeds
Sunflower seeds contain great amounts of nutrients, such as vitamins B6 and E, selenium, zinc, and potassium. These all strengthen and repair connective tissue while also acting as a natural diuretic.
We recommend eating them in moderation since, while they’re filling, they’re also high in calories.
One of the properties of this root is that it increases your body temperature (a process known as thermogenesis).
Ginger also speeds up your metabolism, contributes to weight loss, improves your digestion, and suppresses your appetite.
3. Cayenne pepper
Spicy foods like chili and cayenne pepper are an effective tool to help reduce cellulite.
Just like with ginger, they elevate your body’s temperature and help it burn fat, including fat accumulated in your glutes.
Egg whites in particular are an excellent source of protein that contains hardly any fat or calories.
The yolk may be high in calories but it also contains minerals like zinc and iron. That said, you could consume a whole hard-boiled egg two or three times a week.
This grain is great for losing weight and to help get rid of cellulite because it’s low in calories and also lower on the glycemic index than any other grain.
Barley helps with anxiety, which will keep you from eating when you’re not hungry and gives your body a good energy boost.
This herb, which gives your food a special flavor, is also good for your body:
- Stimulates your circulation.
- Improves the digestion of fat.
- Keeps toxins from accumulating underneath you tissues.
All of this is due to a vegetable polyphenol called rosmarinic acid, a substance that protects you from free radicals. As if that weren’t enough, rosemary also helps with the synthesis of elastin and collagen.
Main image courtesy of wikiHow.com
All cited sources were thoroughly reviewed by our team to ensure their quality, reliability, currency, and validity. The bibliography of this article was considered reliable and of academic or scientific accuracy.
- Alissa EM, Ferns GA. Dietary fruits and vegetables and cardiovascular diseases risk. Crit Rev Food Sci Nutr. 2017 Jun 13;57(9):1950-1962.
- Warrilow A, Mellor D, McKune A, Pumpa K. Dietary fat, fibre, satiation, and satiety-a systematic review of acute studies. Eur J Clin Nutr. 2019 Mar;73(3):333-344.
- Chmielewski J, Carmody JB. Dietary sodium, dietary potassium, and systolic blood pressure in US adolescents. J Clin Hypertens (Greenwich). 2017 Sep;19(9):904-909