How to Use Onion as a Remedy to Cleanse the Kidneys
Onions are part of granny’s apothecary and supposedly help cleanse the kidneys, among other health properties. Many people also consider them useful in the relief of various discomforts such as a sore throat. Continue reading to find out more about this vegetable below.
In addition, we’ll also tell you how to elaborate a remedy and explain its main ingredient along with other rather interesting facts.
Why cleanse the kidneys?
The kidneys are the organs in charge of filtering toxins from the blood through a complex detoxification process that concludes with the release of urine. Their proper functioning is decisive for the well-being of the whole organism. This is because they maintain the balance of electrolytes and other essential nutrients.
The problem is they tend to malfunction due to bad habits and it leads to several ailments that affect the quality of life.
There may not seem to be any problems early on but there may be a series of negative reactions as time goes by. These manifest through various physical symptoms. Thus, you must understand the importance of keeping it in top shape by adopting a healthy diet. You can also use some natural remedies to stimulate proper function.
According to popular beliefs, an onion remedy can help improve kidney function. Continue reading to find out how to make it at home.
An onion remedy to cleanse the kidneys
According to data from the Fundación Española de Nutrición (FEN), the onion is a source of protein, potassium, vitamin C, flavonoids, and various sulfur compounds. In other words, it’s a healthy ingredient everyone must include in their diet. For this reason, many already add it to countless recipes and various dishes and remedies.
Onions have been used as renal health allies for many centuries. It has depurative, antibiotic, and diuretic properties. Its main active ingredient, allicin, has an anti-inflammatory and diuretic action.
The onion remedy
This onion remedy supposedly helps eliminate retained fluids and, at the same time, strengthen the renal system. Some people believe it can relieve inflammation and various kidney discomforts.
Find out how to Relieve the Symptoms of UTIs with Seven Natural Solutions
- 2 quarts of water
- 2 raw onions
- 3 sprigs of parsley
- The juice of three lemons
- Incorporate the water into a pot and bring to a boil for a few minutes
- Meanwhile, peel and cut the onions into smaller pieces
- Once the water is boiling, pour it into a jar and add the onion
- Then, add the parsley and lemon juice, and let sit for at least a couple of hours
- Finally, strain the liquid and proceed to drink it
How to use this remedy to cleanse the kidneys
- Drink no more than a glass a day, as a dietary supplement.
- Don’t ever drink large quantities of it as it could lead to unpleasant effects like stomach discomfort.
- You must limit sodium intake during treatment with this remedy, including table salt, as it interferes with it.
- In addition, skip saturated fats and sugars. Instead, increase your intake of fruit and vegetables, especially those rich in water. You can also add legumes, mushrooms, and oily fish.
- The consumption of this remedy may cause unwanted reactions in patients with acid reflux and gastritis
- It isn’t recommended for people with hypotension, as it tends to lower blood pressure
- It’s also not useful for those with hypoglycemia as it could lower their sugar levels to alarming levels
- Consult your doctor before using this remedy if you’re already undergoing treatment with other diuretics
This onion remedy isn’t a cure for any disease, nor an adjuvant treatment. However, it’s a good alternative to support hydration and reduce retained liquids.It might interest you...