Natural Energy Drink to Strengthen Bones
The number of people who suffer from bone diseases has risen in recent years. More so, bone diseases are linked to leading a sedentary lifestyle, having a poor diet, and maintaining unhealthy habits like smoking or excessive alcohol consumption.
Women who have reached menopause are also at a higher risk of developing problems related to the skeletal system because their bodies produce less estrogen. Estrogen, even more, is among the hormones that limit your ability to absorb calcium. In other words, this isn’t good because calcium is a mineral that’s essential to bone density maintenance.
In most cases, people will be tired or fatigued because they are having problems with their skeletal system. This, in turn, can keep them from going about their daily activities.
The best way to prevent bone damage and fatigue is by including plenty of exercise and keeping a diet that meets all your body’s nutritional requirements. To clarify, these are factors that you can control.
Likewise, you should also consider trying a natural energy drink that helps strengthen your bones and give you energy. Learn more about it here!
Green juice to strengthen bones and energize the body
Because good bone health depends on your consumption of adequate nutrients in your diet, this juice is packed with the necessary compounds to give you all the benefits. The combination of spinach and apple makes this beverage an excellent source of vitamins A and C, calcium, and other important antioxidants that can prevent bone density loss.
So if you’re feeling aches and pains in your bones and joints, or having other related problems, we recommend you give this recipe a try.
But, it’s a good idea to talk to your doctor first because problems related to the skeletal system can require special attention to prevent the development of more serious problems.
We recommend you read: 10 commandments for a young and fit brain
What kinds of nutrients are found in this natural energy drink?
Don’t delay: start drinking this powerful green juice on a regular basis, to take advantage of the nutritional benefits of each ingredient. Now, what’s inside this natural energy drink?
Water is actually the main part of the make-up of spinach leaves. Also, it’s one of the most protein-rich vegetables that’s available. In addition, they are low in fats and carbohydrates while being high in fiber, vitamins A, C, E, K, the B vitamins (B6, B2, B1), and folic acid (vitamin B9).
Among the many minerals, spinach leaves contains are calcium, iron, potassium, magnesium, manganese, and phosphorus. Most importantly, they provide antioxidants like flavonoids and carotenoids.
This citrus fruit is made up of 90% water, and in 100 grams, it has only 32 calories, 7 grams of carbohydrates, 0.6 grams of protein, and zero fat. Above all, it is high in vitamin C, fiber, calcium, magnesium, and potassium.
Celery is made up of nearly 95% water, but it still has a lot of nutrients.
Some of these vitamins and minerals include:
- Vitamins B1 (thiamine)
- B2, B6, B9 (folic acid)
- Vitamins E and C
- Iron and manganese
- Phosphorus and copper
- Aluminum and silicon
Green apples are an excellent source of phytonutrients, including flavonoids and phenolic acid. Along with vitamins A, B, and C, pectin, protein, calcium, they are also rich in carbohydrates, sodium, magnesium, potassium, phosphorus, and zinc.
Ginger contains essential amino acids, fiber, vitamin C, and minerals like zinc, aluminum, boron, and manganese. It’s also a significant source of antioxidants like quercetin and capsaicin, as well as essential oils.
How do you make this natural energy drink?
The recipe we’re about to provide you with for a natural energy drink is excellent for improving bone health and your overall health in general. However, it should not be used as a replacement for any medical treatment that has been prescribed by your doctor.
- 1 1/2 cups of raw spinach (45 g)
- 1/2 of a grapefruit (peeled)
- 2 stalks of celery
- 2 green apples, sliced into eights
- 1 piece of ginger root (peeled)
In short, this juice is very simple to prepare – essentially all you need to do is blend the ingredients together!
- First of all, wash all ingredients well, and add them to your blender. Then, process until smooth, for a few minutes. If you prefer, you can add a little water to make it easier to blend.
- Lastly, serve at room temperature or add some ice cubes.
- Regardless, you should drink this immediately to take advantage of all of its benefits for your body.
All cited sources were thoroughly reviewed by our team to ensure their quality, reliability, currency, and validity. The bibliography of this article was considered reliable and of academic or scientific accuracy.
- Christodoulides S., Dimidi E., Fragkos KC., Farmer AD., et al., Systematic review with meta analysis: effect of fibre supplementation on chronic idiopathic constipation in adults. Aliment Pharmacol Ther, 2016. 44 (2): 103-16.
- Pullar JM., Carr AC., Vissers MCM., The roles of vitamin C in skin health. Nutrients, 2017.
- Henriques BJ., Lucas TG., Gomes CM., Therapeutic approaches using riboflavin in mitochondrial energý metabolism disorders. Curr Drug Targets, 2016. 17 (13): 1527-34.
- Zheng J., Zheng S., Feng Q., Zhang Q., Xiao X., Dietary capsaicin and its anti obesity potency: from mechanism to clinical implications. Biosci Rep, 2017.