What Can Oats and Green Apples Do For Your Health?
A smoothie made from oats and green apples – have you ever tried it? Lots of doctors and nutritionists recommend this simple beverage to help care for your health and lose weight. It has numerous benefits, so today we’re going to talk about some of its amazing properties.
Combining oats and green apples isn’t only good to help regulate your body weight, it’s also an excellent choice for breakfast for the whole family! You wouldn’t miss out on this, would you?
The many benefits of oats and green apples
1. Regulates the metabolism
Oats are a superfood and a great boon to your health if you consume them every day. Oats and green apples together get you even more benefits. And would you like to know what this combo’s best property is? Being an excellent regulator of the metabolism.
- Combining the fiber in oats with the pectin present in green apple helps kick start your metabolism to help detox the body and burn fat.
- Given this excellent effect on the metabolism, nutritionists recommend drinking a smoothie made with oatmeal and green apple every morning. It will make you feel satisfied, give you a healthy dose of fiber, and speed up your metabolism.
2. Ideal for those with high cholesterol
Don’t think twice – just drink it! If your doctor told you that you have high levels of bad cholesterol (or LDL), add oatmeal and green apple to your diet. As you know, taking better care of what you eat can, in many cases, lower harmful cholesterol levels without having to resort to medication, so it’s worth considering the following:
- The fiber present in oats helps the body absorb more toxins and eliminate bad cholesterol from the bloodstream.
- Green apple can perform the same functions. Thanks to apples’ polyphenols and pectin content, it removes bad cholesterol and balances your levels of good cholesterol (or HDL) in the blood. This is vital to prevent numerous heart problems.
- This combo will also help regulate the body’s blood pressure, thanks to its low sodium and high potassium content.
3. Great for weight loss
We’ve said over and over again that oats are excellent for weight loss. Today we want to recommend yet another way you can enhance its properties… combine it with green apple! Pay attention to how you can benefit from this simple, delicious smoothie:
- Control your blood sugar levels. This combination is ideal for diabetics and can also help regulate the metabolism, as we’ve already noted.
- The smoothie satisfies hunger cravings, so it’s perfect for breakfast. You’ll avoid snacking between breakfast and lunch, as well!
- Oats and green apples trigger the production of an enzyme known as lecithin by the liver. It helps detox the body, removing fat and cleaning your arteries at the same time. It’s amazing!
- It also benefits your overall digestion. Thanks to the body’s slow absorption of these carbohydrates, it will not only make you feel satisfied, but also facilitate the production of gastric acids that improve food absorption and fight constipation. Every day, your body will be able to regulate itself better, fighting fluid retention and eliminating fat more efficiently.
4. An excellent source of vitamins
This smoothie made with oatmeal and green apple is the perfect way to start off your day with a “vitamin cocktail.” It’s not only good for you, but can be enjoyed by any member of the family, including children and the elderly. Want to know more about what it contains?
- You’ll get a high dose of the B vitamins, like niacin, thiamine, and riboflavin. These help rebuild the body’s tissues, like the muscles, and transfer sugar into energy to start your metabolism and help synthesize proteins.
- You should also keep in mind that this smoothie provides lots of essential amino acids, in addition to numerous minerals like magnesium, iron, phosphorus, sodium, and calcium. All of these are vital to your body’s good health!
How do you make this oat and green apple smoothie?
What do you need?
- 1 cup of water (200 ml)
- 3 tablespoons oats (60 grams)
- 1 green apple
- A few drops of lemon juice
- 2 ice cubes
Preparation and when to drink it
- You should drink this smoothie in the morning with breakfast. It has a delicious flavor and remarkable benefits that will keep you going throughout the morning.
- Start by soaking the oats overnight in the cup of water. That way they’ll be ready to use in the morning. When you’re ready, slice the green apple into four large pieces. You should leave the peel on, because this contains a lot of the nutrients and fiber.
- Add the apple slices, the oats, and the water used to soak them to your blender. Then put in a few drops of lemon juice, and even a pinch of cinnamon if you like. Blend everything with the ice cubes until you get a smooth liquid. You and your whole family will love it!