5 Juices and Smoothies to Fight Insomnia
In today’s society, there are many people suffering from the overwhelming problem of insomnia. Over time, it’s easy to see how it diminishes their quality of life. Thus, today we will discuss some juices and smoothies to help you fight insomnia.
According to the World Health Organization (WHO), up to 40% of the global population suffers from some kind of sleep disorder. Experts say that it’s easy to identify these people because they’re likely to suffer from mood disorders as well.
Therefore, causing problems at work and during other daily activities. This problem is of great concern to health professionals because today there are over 80 known types of sleep disorders.
Juices and smoothies to fight insomnia
Are you part of this group of people suffering from insomnia? If the answer is yes, you need to know that it’s important to deal with this problem as soon as possible to avoid adversely affecting your health. Without further ado, here are five recipes for juices and smoothies that can help your body relax so you can sleep better.
Green juice to fight insomnia
This is the first item in our list of juices and smoothies for insomnia. This green juice recipe combines a variety of nutrients that can help relax your body and stimulate better sleep, thus fighting insomnia. In general, it can improve overall sleep quality and also has a positive effect on the digestion, stress, and high blood pressure.
We recommend you also read:
- 1 cucumber
- 1 piece of ginger root
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 1 green apple (with peel)
- 9 stalks of asparagus
- 2 stalks of celery
- Soak the asparagus stalks in cold water for about an hour.
- Then, cut the cucumber and apple into large pieces
- Add the fruit, celery, and ginger to your blender. Strain the water from the asparagus and pour it over the other ingredients along with the lemon juice.
- Finally, process everything for a few minutes and enjoy this juice every day after lunch.
Lettuce and cucumber juice
This powerful juice contains two ingredients that are excellent for fighting insomnia. Lettuce has important nutrients that help promote healthy sleep and eliminate feelings of anxiety. Cucumber, meanwhile, contains the amino acid tryptophan, which stimulates the production of serotonin, a hormone associated with better mood and good sleep.
- 1/2 head of lettuce
- 1 cucumber
- Slice the cucumber and separate the leaves of lettuce. Add them all to a blender, process for a few minutes, and drink this juice well chilled.
Lettuce and banana smoothie
This beverage can help control levels of stress and anxiety, promoting relaxation of the entire body to help prevent insomnia.
- 4 chamomile flowers
- 90 grams of romaine lettuce
- 1 small banana
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- First, make a tea using the chamomile flowers, and set aside the liquid.
- Then, wash and chop the lettuce leaves
- Add the tea and all remaining ingredients to the blender.
- Process for a few minutes and drink it chilled, half an hour before going to bed.
Peach and apple juiceexcellent way to ensure you get better sleep.
- 3 peaches
- 1 apple
- 1 small bunch of mint
- Wash, peel, and slice the peaches and apples. Add all ingredients to the blender and process for a few seconds, and drink chilled without straining the liquid.
- Then, consume this beverage at least half an hour before going to bed.
We recommend you also read:
Carrot and spinach juiceTry drinking it half an hour to an hour before going to bed for the best results.
- 1 carrot
- 5 spinach leaves
- Mix all ingredients together in your blender and process until smooth.
- Serve this juice without straining it, and drink it at the recommended time.
If you find you’re unable to control your insomnia naturally, you should see a specialist for other treatment options. It’s important that you pay attention to this disorder because if left untreated it could become a major and debilitating problem.