Fight Bad Breath and Body Odor With This Natural Juice
There are many factors that can trigger bad breath and body odor but you can fight them. So, in those cases where you’ve ruled out a lack of hygiene, it’ll be essential to consult with your physician to determine the cause and the most appropriate treatment.
Once your doctor has conducted an interview and a check-up with, they can determine what may be the cause of the problem and if it’s necessary to refer you to a specialist.
Along with the prescribed treatment, in general, doctors recommend improving lifestyle habits, especially in regard to diet and hydration. However, in this sense, popular belief proposes some complementary remedies. One of them is a natural juice.
What causes bad body odor?
Although it’s common to associate this type of problem with poor hygiene, there are many causes associated with bad oral and body odor. Therefore, it’s necessary to see the doctor in order to receive a proper diagnosis.
The uncontrolled proliferation of certain types of bacteria can be the origin of the problem in some cases, so it’s very important to take care of personal hygiene, in all aspects.
- Bad body odor may be due to some hormonal imbalance, so it’d be necessary to consult an endocrinologist.
- On the other hand, halitosis could be the cause of a dental problem or even sinusitis, as suggested by the United States National Library of Medicine.
Natural juice to fight bad breath and body odor
According to popular belief, drinking a natural juice – within the treatment prescribed by the doctor and a healthy lifestyle – could help solve this problem.
The juice is made with:
- Green apples, a fruit that according to data from the Spanish Nutrition Foundation is a source of fiber and flavonoids.
- It contains moderate antibacterial properties, as suggested by this study by the Islamic Azad University (Iran).
- Peppermint, an herb with a very pleasant aroma, which helps to mitigate bad breath, have good digestion, and other issues.
- Parsley, an herb widely used in the culinary field with several medicinal properties.
- It has effective antibacterial and antifungal properties, according to this research carried out by a team from the Paranaense University (Brazil).
- Lemon, a fruit that stands out for its fiber and vitamin C content and has antibacterial properties.
- According to this study by Federal University Birnin Kebbi (Nigeria), lemon juice contains bactericidal properties.
It’s considered, as all these ingredients are healthy, together they can form an effective mixture, capable of eliminating bad breath and body odor.
At the same time, this juice is consumed with a healthy diet, it’s recommended to avoid foods that can worsen both bad breath and body odor, such as onion, garlic, leek, pepper, among others.
Also read Natural Remedies with Baking Soda
How to make this natural juice to fight bad breath and body odor
This popular natural juice can be consumed as a refreshing drink. It can be prepared with a little apple to make it more liquid or more fruit to make it thicker and smoothie-like.
- Mint leaves
- 1 green apple
- Fresh parsley (to taste)
- The juice of 2 limes
- 1 c. of water
- Optional: ice cubes, cucumber (to substitute the apple)
- Wash the green apple thoroughly, then slice and remove seeds.
- Clean the mint and parsley leaves and chop them so they can be easily blended.
- Then, put all ingredients in a blender, including the lemon juice and water, and blend for approximately 3 minutes.
- Make sure there are no chunks, then serve without straining.
- Finally, drink in moderation and enjoy it.
Also read How to Prevent Excessive Sweating
Go to the dentist regularly and maintain good hygiene
Many of the problems related to bad breath come from the oral cavity itself. Therefore, it’s recommended you go to the dentist for a check-up. They’ll be able to tell you if you have gingivitis (one of the most common causes), or if you want to fight bad breath caused by a cavity or another problem.
In case the dentist doesn’t find a dental problem and refers you to your family doctor or a specialist, don’t delay and schedule an appointment as soon as possible. The sooner you know what your problem is, the sooner you’ll have proper treatment and feel more confident.
In the meantime, try to maintain good hydration and good personal hygiene habits, in every way possible.
All cited sources were thoroughly reviewed by our team to ensure their quality, reliability, currency, and validity. The bibliography of this article was considered reliable and of academic or scientific accuracy.
- VV.AA. (2013).Evaluation of antimicrobial activity of Malus domestica fruit extract from Kashan area. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4075692/
- VV.AA. (2016).Antifungal and Antibacterial Activities of Petroselinum Crispum Essential Oil. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/27525894/
- VV.AA. (2017).The Antibacterial Activity of Honey and Lemon Juice against Streptococcus pneumoniae and Streptococcus pyogenes Isolates from Respiratory Tract Infections. https://juniperpublishers.com/aibm/pdf/AIBM.MS.ID.555660.pdf
- Biblioteca Nacional de Medicina de Estados Unidos. https://medlineplus.gov/spanish/badbreath.html