Five Homemade Drinks to Detox Your Liver
In recent years, people have been turning to drinks to naturally detox the liver. Indeed, they’ve become aware that, in order to enjoy an optimal quality of life, they must try to take care of the health of this vital organ.
When it’s healthy, the liver is capable of carrying out its functions without any help. Nevertheless, maintaining good lifestyle habits can significantly contribute to keeping it that way.
Habits as simple and daily as drinking enough water a day can do a lot for your health. Water allows for the absorption of essential nutrients, gives you energy, helps improve your digestive function, and aids in the proper elimination of toxins and waste from your internal organs.
However, water isn’t the only drink that can be used to maintain adequate hydration on a daily basis. You can also take advantage of certain homemade drinks, such as the ones we’ll discuss below.
Homemade drinks to detox your liver
The following beverages can help you supplement your daily hydration, but keep in mind that they alone won’t provide you with optimal health. You must include them within the context of a healthy diet and lifestyle.
1. Apple and lemon juice with cinnamon
If you’ve checked out the contraindications of cinnamon and are able to consume it without problems, then you can give this delicious apple and cinnamon juice a try to detox your liver.
- 2 apples
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Water (as much as you need)
- Wash, decore, and cut the apples into cubes. Leave the skins on. Place them in a container with fresh water and set them aside.
- Boil a glass of water in a pan and add the cinnamon stick.
- Lower the heat, cover the pan, and let the cinnamon simmer for a few minutes.
- Turn off the heat, transfer all the ingredients to the blender, and process them.
- Add a few ice cubes and drink.
Like this article? You might also like to read: 5 Benefits of Eating Apples
2. Strawberry, watermelon, and rosemary drink
Enjoying a delicious strawberry or watermelon drink during summer is great on its own. So when you mix both fruits and add a little bit of rosemary, you end up with a really refreshing drink that also helps detox your body naturally.
- Watermelon (as much as you want).
- A sprig of rosemary.
- 1 cup of strawberries (170 ml).
- Water ( as much as you need).
- Wash and drain the strawberries, remove the stalks, and cube or slice them.
- Select a piece of watermelon and deseed it.
- Add the fruit and a little water to the blender and process it.
- Strip the sprig of rosemary and add its leaves to the drink.
- Stir with a spoon to integrate everything well.
- Serve and drink.
3. Beet and lemon drink
Beet juice and a little lemon juice can detox the liver and add extra antioxidants and fiber to your diet. In fact, these two substances can greatly contribute to your overall health.
- The juice of a lemon
- 1 large beet
- 1 glass of water(250 ml)
- A red apple (optional)
- Wash and drain the beet and cut it into thin slices.
- Place them in the blender along with the water.
- Process it into a homogeneous mixture.
- Add the lemon juice and process it again.
- Taste it for the flavor and consistency you like, then serve and drink.
- If you want, you could add a red apple to dilute the beet flavor a little.
4. Watercress drink
Having a rich mixed salad with watercress is a good option to complement meals or just as a light snack. However, this isn’t the only way to take advantage of the health benefits of this plant. You can also mix it with cucumber for a detox drink.
- 1/2 cup of watercress (50g)
- 2 large cucumbers
- Water (as necessary)
- Chia or poppy seeds (optional)
- Wash, drain, and chop the watercress finely and set aside.
- Bring a little water to a boil in a pan and add the watercress when it reaches boiling point.
- Turn off the heat, cover the pan, and let the watercress stand for ten minutes.
- Wash, drain, and cut the cucumbers into slices.
- Put the watercress infusion and the cucumber slices into the blender and process everything until smooth.
- If you like, add a teaspoon of chia or poppy seeds. Serve and consume in moderation.
We think you may also enjoy reading: 7 Fruits that Keep Your Body Hydrated
5. Orange juice and ginger
If you already know about the possible contraindications of ginger and can safely consume it, then give the following recipe a try.
- Fresh ginger (5g)
- 2 or 3 large oranges
- Water (as necessary)
- Peel and grate the ginger and set it aside.
- Cut the oranges in half and extract their juice.
- Pour all the ingredients into the blender and process them with some water (less than half a glass) to properly integrate them.
- Taste and, if the result is to your liking, serve and drink. If you want a smoother drink, add more water and re-process in the blender.
Note: some people add a touch of olive oil to this drink to detox the liver, aid digestion, and thus combat constipation. However, you must take into account that olive oil alters the taste of the drink. So don’t add more than a few drops.
You might also be interested in: 5 Delicious Smoothies For Your Detox Diet
Are you ready to detox your liver?
In order to keep these drinks as healthy as possible, make sure you don’t add sugar or other sweeteners. Ideally, you should enjoy them in their natural form.
Similarly, keep in mind that if you want to detox your liver, you should use these drinks as part of a healthy lifestyle. Otherwise, you won’t obtain any real benefits.
Finally, keep in mind that although these ingredients are natural, you still shouldn’t consume them to excess. Remember the old proverb, too much of anything is bad for you.It might interest you...