Do-it-Yourself Colon Cleanse
Did you know that it’s possible to do a do-it-yourself colon cleanse?
With a good natural treatment, you can detoxify your colon. You can release all the harmful residues that have accumulated there that may be making you feel sick.
Learn how to make a do-it-yourself colon cleanse at home in the following article, and start enjoying a healthier life.
Read: Incredible Natural Remedies to Cleanse Your Kidneys
What You Need to Know about Colon Cleansing
Alternative medicine practitioners believe that it’s important to do a do-it-yourself colon cleanse every so often to remove toxins, blocked fecal matter, and other pollutants that accumulate in this organ. Such harmful substances can cause diseases and overall poor health.
While the colon empties itself through bowel movements, this may not be sufficient. When you’re constipated, for example, your colon is not emptied properly and there are usually substances that are left behind.
The good news is that there are natural and homemade recipes that can remove these harmful residues from your colon and help you enjoy a healthier life. To do so, you’re essentially going to increase the number of bowel movements you have, but in a conscious manner.
A do-it-yourself colon cleanse should be done at least twice a year.
It will make you feel less heavy and more energetic. Plus, without the unnecessary waste, your intestines will also be able to absorb more nutrients and eliminate more waste from the body.
The modern diet is full of harmful ingredients, additives, and preservatives that accumulate inside the body, especially in the intestines, kidneys, the liver, and the colon. That’s why a good colon cleanse is important.
Tips for a Do-it-yourself Colon Cleanse
When you’re ready to perform a colon cleanse, you’ll need to take special care with what you eat. Avoid foods that contain dairy, foods that irritate the digestive system, and don’t eat too much protein. The best diet is one full of vegetables, fruits and fiber. And don’t stop drinking water.
After you do a cleanse, it’s also important to restore the natural bacteria in the colon, because most of them will have been removed. Eat plain yogurt or take a supplement containing active cultures or yeast. You can also try sauerkraut – the cabbage contains glutamine, which accelerates the regeneration of cells in the digestive system.
Another good idea is to get massages that help release toxins contained in the urine. Lymphatic drainage is the most recommended. An exercise routine known as “makaho” can be followed, which consists of a series of stretches that help the large intestine improve the flow of energy to the colon.
And if you’re doing a colon cleanse, you should stay at home all day and the following day. This is ideal for a weekend. Try not to move about too much or go out.
You might like: The Liver Cleanse Diet
Smoothies and Juices for a Do-it-yourself Colon Cleanse
As we’ve already said, the colon is a very important part of the body where nutrients and vitamins are absorbed and waste is removed. If the colon contains toxins, harmful substances, and fats, you’ll become lethargic and can easily succumb to fatigue and disease.
To cleanse the colon naturally, you can use some homemade juices and smoothies:
Green aloe, cucumber and apple juice
This juice is really delicious and helps detoxify the colon. Your digestive system will feel better and it will also help relieve inflammation.
- A slice of pineapple
- Half a cucumber with the skin still on
- A small (preferably green) apple,
- Aloe vera gel
- One orange.
- Cut the cucumber in half and add all ingredients to a blender with the juice from the orange.
- You can add a cup of water to thin this beverage.
- Drink it twice a day, first thing in the morning and in the evening for seven days.
This is one of the easiest recipes for a do-it-yourself colon cleanse. It’s highly effective at removing toxins quickly and gently. It’s also a great way to treat nausea, heartburn, acid reflux, and other digestive problems in addition to cleansing the colon.
All you need is a washed and peeled ginger root and a glass of water.
- Chop the ginger and add ingredients to a blender.
- Once blended well, strain the liquid.
- Drink this on an empty stomach, and you can sweeten it with a little honey if you like.
Lemon has lots of detoxifying properties in general.
- If you want to use it to cleanse your colon, just squeeze the juice of one lemon and mix it with half a glass of warm water.
- Drink just before bedtime.
All cited sources were thoroughly reviewed by our team to ensure their quality, reliability, currency, and validity. The bibliography of this article was considered reliable and of academic or scientific accuracy.
- Restellini S, Kherad O, Bessissow T, et al. Systematic review and meta-analysis of colon cleansing preparations in patients with inflammatory bowel disease. World J Gastroenterol. 2017;23(32):5994–6002. doi:10.3748/wjg.v23.i32.5994
- Acosta, R. D., & Cash, B. D. (2009). Clinical effects of colonic cleansing for general health promotion: A systematic review. American Journal of Gastroenterology. https://doi.org/10.1038/ajg.2009.494
- Lee, Y. L., Cesario, T., Wang, Y., Shanbrom, E., & Thrupp, L. (2003). Antibacterial activity of vegetables and juices. Nutrition. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.nut.2003.08.003