Delicious Apple Sponge Cake Recipe
Great for breakfast or as a delicious snack or treat at anytime of day, apple sponge cake is something the whole family will like.
This cake is simple to make and has a special ingredient that’s not only healthy but easy to get your hands on. Who isn’t crazy about healthy apples? Don’t hesitate to keep reading, you will love this apple sponge cake recipe and surprise everyone in the kitchen.
Apple sponge cake recipe
The main secret to this apple sponge cake is its delicious apple flavor and spongy texture. If you want to, you can also add walnuts, but that will depend on your taste.
This sponge cake also tends to have a satisfying effect and is not too high in calories, especially when compared to the ones you can buy in any supermarket. It’s definitely better to make it at home so that you can be sure the ingredients are completely natural. Take notes:
The sponge cake recipe below will serve about six people. So, these are the amounts to use as a guideline:
- 1 natural yogurt
- 350 g of flour
- 4 eggs
- 125 g of butter
- 250 g of sugar
- One envelope of Royal yeast (12 grams)
- 1 tablespoon of ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla sugar
- 3 big Golden apples
- 1 pinch of salt
- The first thing to do is whisk the eggs with the sugar until stiff peaks appear. To make it more spongy, it’s best to separate the egg yolks and whites, whisking the former until they look like snow.
- Meanwhile, add the sugar to the yolks and mix well. Then, mix them together little by little, as well as the yogurt, while still stirring to not let it fall. It’s very easy!
- Mix the yeast with the flour and add it to the same bowl you have the eggs and the yogurt. Don’t stop whisking. Once it’s fully combined, let it sit for 10 minutes.
- Now melt the butter a little bit and add a pinch of salt. As a result, you will get the sweet flavor to stand out a lot more. Beat everything together with the mix from before until there are no more lumps.
- Here’s when the apples come in. Wash, peel, remove the core, and cut them into very thin strips. It’s very important to peel and cut the apples last because they will oxidize when they come in contact with the air. This is a very simple and practical trick.
- Once that’s done, add half of the apples to the bowl with the mixture.
You may like:
- Now you will prepare the special container that will go into the oven. Pour your egg, yogurt, and half ot the apple mixture in it. Put the other half on top of the mixture, and sprinkle a little bit of cinnamon and a tablespoon of vanilla sugar.
- Put the sponge cake in the oven at 180 degrees Celsius for 45 minutes. Once this time has passed, poke the sponge cake with a fork to test if it’s done.
- When the cake is fully cooked, take it out of the oven, because otherwise it can become very dry. Remove it from the mold carefully and put it on a plate. Let it sit for 20 minutes before trying it. It’s delicious and smells great, like apples and cinnamon!