Recipes for Passion Fruit Dessert
Are you looking for some delicious dessert recipes? Try these desserts made with passion fruit. We know you're going to love them!
Passion fruit a tropical fruit that has many nutritional and medicinal benefits. If you’re going to cook with it, you can use both the seeds and the pulp.
Passion fruit is widely used for desserts and juices. Among its benefits include large amounts of vitamins A and C.
To show you how to use this unique fruit, we’ll share some easy recipes for passion fruit desserts in today’s article.
Passion Fruit Cookies
This simple dish can be perfect as a dessert after any meal, or even for breakfast. The ingredients you’ll need to make enough for four people include:
- ½ packet of unflavored gelatin (approximately 4 g)
- ½ cup passion fruit juice (125 mL)
- 1 packet of sugar cookies (250 g)
- A can of condensed milk (200 g)
- 1 can of heavy cream (150 g)
- ¼ cup of whole milk (60 g)
- 1 large passion fruit (60 g)
- 1 tablespoon of sugar (10 g)
- ½ tablespoon of cornstarch (5 g)
- ½ of a cinnamon stick (2 g)
- To make this dessert, start by placing the juice from the passion fruit, the condensed milk, the cream, and the whole milk in a blender. Blend until you have a homogeneous mixture.
- Hydrate the gelatin with about a little hot water. Once the gelling agent is ready, add it to the cream and blend again to mix well.
- Next, place some prepared sugar cookies on a baking sheet very close together.
- Pour the passion fruit cream over the cookies so it’s evenly distributed.
- Then, place them in the fridge for an hour. While the mixture cools, make a passion fruit sauce to add to the dessert.
- To do this, cook the remains of the passion fruit pulp with sugar, water, and cornstarch. Stir to ensure that all ingredients dissolve. This sauce will help you get the most out of your passion fruit and you can add cinnamon for decoration.
- To finish, remove the cookies from the fridge and serve this dessert with passion fruit sauce on the side.
Visit this article: Bake a Delicious Chocolate Orange Cake
Chocolate Brownies with Passion Fruit and Banana Sorbet
This delicious brownie recipe combines the intense flavor of chocolate with the fresh taste of passion fruit. It’s perfect for group lunches and dinners.
The ingredients you need are as follows:
- ½ banana (20 g)
- 10 ml of aged rum
- 1 can of heavy cream (145 g)
- 4 egg yolks (20 g)
- 1 cup of sugar (200 g)
- 2 medium eggs (120 g)
- 5 tablespoons of syrup (45 g)
- 1 teaspoon of glucose (5 g)
- A cup of passion fruit pulp (100 g)
- 1 and ¼ tablespoons of butter (125 g)
- ½ cup of almond flour (60 g)
- 1 large dark chocolate bar (110 g)
Preparing the brownies
- First, make the chocolate brownies.
- Melt 70 grams of chocolate and the butter.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg yolks with 150 grams of sugar and add this, little by little, to the melted chocolate mixture.
- Stir in the almond flour.
- Pour the batter into a baking dish and bake at 400º F for 15 minutes.
Preparing the sorbet
While it’s baking, prepare the passion fruit sorbet.
- All you need to do is bring the pulp to a boil along with the syrup and glucose.
- Once the ingredients are well mixed, remove them and let them cool.
Preparing the banana toffee
- Heat 25 grams of sugar in a pan until it caramelizes.
- Add the banana and flambe with the rum.
- Finally, add 45 grams of heavy cream and mix well before mashing the banana and straining off the liquid.
Do you want to know more? A Delicious Recipe for Banana Cake
Preparing the creamy chocolate
The last component of this passion fruit dessert is the chocolate cream.
- Start by making an English cream by whisking the egg yolks with the remaining sugar.
- Add the 100 grams of remaining heavy cream and stir it well until you have a mixture with the texture of flan.
- Heat over very low heat until it thickens a little, at which time you’ll add the rest of the dark chocolate.
- Once it melts, remove from heat and let sit for about 12 hours.
- Once all the parts of this dessert are ready, place the brownies on the base of a plate with the various toppings added.
You’ll have a dessert with an interesting mix of flavors that will definitely please all palates!