4 Cinnamon Hair Masks for Perfect Tresses
Due to its pleasant smell and flavor, the spice cinnamon has been used since Medieval times for many purposes. It also stands out because of the benefits it offers in cinnamon hair masks. Basically, these help you to highlight the beauty of the skin and above all of the hair.
Using cinnamon hair masks is one of the best natural options available for your hair.
What benefits does cinnamon have for the hair?
Treatments with cinnamon will give our hair:
- Rapid growth
- Natural lightening
- Regenerates dull or mistreated hair
Use cinnamon hair masks to help you and don’t get stuck thinking about thousands of chemical products when you have the solution in natural things like cinnamon.
You might also be interested in: 3 Easy and Natural Everyday Hair Care Tips
4 Cinnamon hair masks to have perfect hair
1. Cinnamon oil
Cinnamon oil is one of the most favorable products for reestablishing the structure of the hair.
It is a natural product that offers a lot of strength to the roots of the hair. Thus, it prevents hair loss, which is also noticeable on the scalp.
- 2 tablespoons of cinnamon oil (30 g)
- Pour the indicated amount of the oil onto the tips of the index and middle fingers of both hands.
- Put it on your scalp, starting with the sides and then spreading it through all of the hair.
- Do this process 3 times a week and soon you will see the changes in your hair’s resistance to falling out.
2. Cinnamon concentrate
To achieve perfect hair and lighten it as you’ve always wanted to, using the natural ingredient cinnamon can be your best ally.
This spice has many properties, including its lightening power, especially for those who have blonde hair.
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 2 cups of water (500 ml)
- The night before, make an infusion with the cinnamon sticks and two cups of boiling water.
- The next day, apply it to all your hair and leave it to act for half an hour.
- Remove it with abundant water and repeat this twice a week until you lighten your hair to the color you want.
3. Cinnamon water
Using cinnamon has many effects for achieving perfect hair. However, the exact properties will depend on the way it is used.
For its part, cinnamon water has excellent benefits when it comes to making the hair grow because it stimulates the hair follicles and gives them lots of oxygenation.
We recommend you read: 7 Personal Hygiene Mistakes that Harm Your Health
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 cup of water at room temperature (250 ml)
- Stir the cinnamon in the water for 20 minutes until you can see its color.
- Then, remove the cinnamon sticks. Pour the water over your hair giving it circular massages in all areas of the scalp.
- Continue these massages for 5 minutes and then proceed to wash your hair as normal.
- Repeat this cinnamon mask 3 times a week: your hair growth will be on your side very soon.
4. Honey and cinnamon powder
Strengthening the hair and keep it hydrated is possible with good cinnamon hair masks.
The combination of the vitamins and minerals of cinnamon with the trace elements of honey has very good results when it comes to achieving perfect hair and keeping it free of chemical agents.
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil (16 g)
- 2 tablespoons of honey (25 g)
- 1 tablespoon of cinnamon powder (10 g)
- Mix the olive oil with the honey and cinnamon powder until you have a uniform paste.
- After washing your hair normally, apply the mixture you’ve prepared, massaging it into the whole scalp in circles.
- Leave the mask to act for 15 minutes, so that the nutrients are absorbed by each hair fiber.
- Rinse the hair with abundant water and, if you like, use a conditioner to eliminate the smell of olive oil completely.
With all these hair mask recipes, perseverance and dedication are the keys to achieving each of the effects.
Don’t forget that with good things it always takes a bit of patience to see the changes.It might interest you...
All cited sources were thoroughly reviewed by our team to ensure their quality, reliability, currency, and validity. The bibliography of this article was considered reliable and of academic or scientific accuracy.
- Accame MEC. Actividad terapéutica de la corteza de canela. Panorama actual del medicamento 2009; 33 (325). Available at: https://botplusweb.portalfarma.com/Documentos/2009/8/31/40074.pdf. Accessed 01/18, 2019.
- Burlando B, Cornara L. Honey in dermatology and skin care: a review. Journal of Cosmetic Dermatology 2013; 12 (4): 306-313. Available at: https://doi.org/10.1111/jocd.12058. Accessed 01/18, 2019.
- Dallo MAL. Activos nutricionales y su efecto sobre el cabello. Medicina Cutánea Ibero-Latino-Americana 2004; 32 (5): 223-228. Available at: http://www.medcutan-ila.org/images%5Cpdf/articulos/2004/5/pdf/MC-32-5-simposio.pdf. Accessed 01/18, 2019.
- Kusstianti N, Wilujeng BY, Megasari DS. The Effects of Cinnamon and Clove Powder Compositions on Hair Coloring. 1st International Conference on Social, Applied Science and Technology in Home Economics (ICONHOMECS 2017) 2017. Available at: https://doi.org/10.2991/iconhomecs-17.2018.41. Accessed 01/18, 2019.