Caring For Your Hands and Feet
You should hydrate your hands and feet daily. However, don't exfoliate them more than twice a week so as not to damage their protective layer.
We can all be careless about our health at times, especially when it comes to caring for our hands and feet. For some reason, we tend to neglect these are parts of our body more than others, as if they weren’t that important.
However, they are, so take note.
Hands and Feet
You may only think of your feet when they hurt, when you notice how dry they are, or when you want to show them off during the summer.
As for your hands, perhaps you only pay attention to your nails. In general, most of us seldom pamper our hands and feet as we do with the rest of our body.
However, daily care for your hands and feet is good for your well-being. After all, your hands and feet are the first places where you feel seasonal changes and temperatures.
Our hands and feet are our main point of contact with the weather, so temperature changes tend to dry and crack the skin. We might even get wounds and sores from it as well.
On the other hand, our feet are more sensitive to heat, which produces feelings of heaviness and discomfort.
You might be interested: Pain Treatment for the Soles of the Feet
Caring for Your Hands and Feet: Exfoliation and Moisturizing
First of all, in order to properly hydrate your skin, you should deep clean it to remove impurities.
Then, exfoliation removes dead cells that clog your skin, giving it a younger and fresher appearance afterward. Also, it makes it more receptive to the action of moisturizers and controls the appearance of pimples and blackheads.
Afterwards, moisturizers refresh and relax your hands and feet by providing the humidity your skin needs to look healthy.
When moisturizing, know that you can do it both from the outside and from the inside. Get in the habit of drinking at least 8 glasses of water a day in addition to your skin care ritual!
Next, we’ll take a look at some great skin care techniques and recipes.
1. Exfoliating Homemade Scrub for Hands and Feet
- 2 parts of grape oil
- 2 parts of coconut oil
- 1 part of brown sugar
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp cinnamon powder
- In a bowl, mix the grape oil and the coconut oil and mix it. Add the brown sugar.
- Then, add the vanilla extract and the cinnamon powder. Mix it well.
- Next, massage the mixture into your skin for about 90 seconds.
- Finally, leave it on for about fifteen minutes and then wash it off with lukewarm water.
Any remaining mixture can be stored for up to a month.
2. Homemade Moisturizer
- Grape, almond, chamomile, sesame, and rosehip oils
- Vanilla extract
- Cinnamon extract
- 1/4 cup rose water
- Mix a few drops of all of the oils and extracts with the rose water and mix it well.
- Pour it into an empty spray bottle.
- Spray it on your hands and feet.
- To make it more effective, cover them with plastic bags for a few minutes so they better absorb the oils.
- Do so preferably at night so the treatment stays on longer.