Stomach ulcers are open sores that form on the inner lining of the stomach and the upper part of the small intestine. Luckily, you can alleviate ulcers with a surprisingly delicious smoothie.
Basically, an ulcer appears due to the excessive growth of bacteria H. pylori, as well as the irritation caused by the prolonged use of certain medications.
First, it you could experience abdominal pain. Then, this may be accompanied by acid reflux, inflammation and other digestive symptoms.
Sure, ulcers are not always a serious problem. However, is essential to pay attention to them. This way, you can avoid developing complications such as infections and bleeding.
Fortunately, you can fight mild ulcers naturally. Of course, this is thanks to the properties of ingredients that neutralize excess acid.
On this occasion, we want to share a potato and banana smoothie. It’s ideal for controlling acidity. And, it accelerates the healing of the affected gastric mucosa.
Do not hesitate to try it!
Potato and banana smoothie to treat stomach ulcers
Let’s combine the digestive properties of potato juice with the nutrients in bananas. So, we can make an effective remedy against the burning and discomfort of stomach ulcers.
These ingredients neutralize the excess acidity. Basically, this acidity comes from excessive production of gastric juices. In turn, it accelerates the regeneration of the damaged mucous lining.
The benefits of potatoes
Potato juice is one of the best natural remedies to alleviate the conditions that result from an imbalance in the level of stomach acid.
- Its light fiber content, in addition to its antioxidants and minerals, optimizes the digestive process and reduces the irritation of the gastric mucosa.
- It contains alkaline salts that help to regulate inflammatory processes, accelerating the healing process of the affected lining.
- It is ideal for reducing acid reflux and burning sensations in the stomach.
Benefits of bananas
The banana is a fruit rich in starches and antioxidant compounds that, after being absorbed into the body, help to create a balance in the stomach’s pH.
- Its significant contribution of fiber improves the digestion of heavy foods and prevents them from fermenting in the intestine.
- It neutralizes the acidity caused by an unbalanced stomach pH, reducing the appearance of lesions and sores in the layer that protects the stomach.
- It contains vitamins and minerals that are key to restoring the health of injured tissues.
- Stops discomfort caused by acid reflux and gastritis.
How do I prepare this potato and banana smoothie?
To prepare this smoothie, it is best to use a potato that is not very ripe and that is free of sprouts. Also, it is best to use an unripe banana, as they provide more starch and flavonoids.
- 1 potato
- 1 green banana
- ½ glass of water (100 ml)
- Wash the potato well, remove the skin and cut it into several pieces.
- Process it in the blender to juice it and reserve it.
- Cut the green banana into several pieces and add it to the pitcher of the blender along with the potato juice.
- Add half a glass of water to make it easier to liquify and process it for a few moments, until everything is mixed well.
Manner of consumption
- Prepare the shake in the morning and drink it 30 minutes before breakfast.
- Repeat your consumption every day until you notice an improvement.
We recommend you read:
4 Banana Smoothies to Fight Fluid Retention and Lose Weight
How do I know if I have stomach ulcers?
The most frequent symptom of stomach ulcers is pain in the abdominal area. Its intensity can vary depending on the severity of the injury and the production of acidic juices in the stomach.
This ailment is often accompanied by:
- Burning in the upper part of the stomach
- Heartburn or acid reflux
- Sensation of fullness or heaviness
- Inflammation and excess of gases
- Intolerance to fatty foods
- Nausea and vomiting
Since these problems can also be caused by other diseases, it is important to consult with your doctor to receive an accurate and timely diagnosis.
Tests to check for ulcers may include:
- Laboratory tests for H. pylori
- X-rays of the digestive system (upper gastrointestinal series)
- An upper digestive tract endoscopy (EGD)
- A hemoglobin test in the blood to check for anemia
Do you have the symptoms of stomach ulcers? Treat them with this natural smoothie and consult the doctor to assess the extent of the problem.
Remember that, although they are not always serious, they can present important complications if they are not given adequate treatment.