Tips on How to Lose Weight With Rice Milk
Non-dairy milks are in. It’s not a temporary fad – these drinks are easier to digest and provide excellent nutrients: a perfect addition to your daily diet. They’re healthier and usually have fewer calories than normal milk, making them great if you want to shed some pounds. Today, we’re going to focus on how to lose weight with rice milk.
Properties of rice milk
- Low in fat. One cup has only 1.5 grams of fat and none of it is saturated fat. According to the Mayo Clinic, this small amount of fat helps your body absorb more vitamins.
- This plant-based milk can help strengthen your immune system, so it’s good to drink a glass each day.
- Rice milk is the easiest milk to digest. It provides a lot of nutrients, which makes it especially helpful if you’re sick and can’t eat as much. It’s also great for anyone who has gastritis or stomach acid problems.
- Great for reducing cholesterol.
- It provides a daily dose of Vitamin D.
You might like:
Can you really lose weight with rice milk?
Obviously it’s not a miracle weight loss drink. But it does help reduce calories because it’s a plant-based milk, low in saturated fats, and is easy to digest.
This means that it provides energy and helps burn fat at the same time. It’s good to have a glass of rice milk in the morning every day. It provides your body with essential vitamins, and also helps to eliminate cholesterol.
According to a study published by The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, the vitamin D in rice milk can help you lose weight little by little. Because it’s rich in calcium and Vitamin D, it can help reduce fat in the body.
But remember: rice milk doesn’t have as much protein as cow’s milk. This is a yet another reason to keep dried fruits and nuts in your diet. That’s the only real drawback, though. You have one glass for breakfast and another at lunch.
It’s healthy, easy to digest and helps burn fat. If you make it part of a low-fat diet with lots of fruits, vegetables, and exercise, it’ll really improve your quality of life.
How do you make rice milk?
Ingredients for 1 liter of rice milk
- 1 cup brown or whole grain rice
- 8 cups of water
- 2 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 4 tablespoons honey
How do you prepare it?
- It’s very easy. Start by boiling the water. Once it’s boiling, add the rice.
- Reduce the heat and leave simmering, covered, for about 2 hours. It’s that simple. Once that’s done, turn the burner off, let cool, and drain the water.
- Use an electric mixer to blend the rice into a smooth cream. Do it as long as it takes for it to be completely uniform. Now add the sunflower oil and honey, and continue mixing.
- If you like, you can also add a bit of cinnamon.
- Store in glass jars or containers with an airtight lid. This will make it last longer, but if you consume it regularly it will be gone in 2-3 days. To get its full benefits, drink 2 glasses per day.
So, like we said, it doesn’t work on its own, but you really can lose weight with rice milk, or at least get on the right path.