4 Ways To Drink Green Tea
Green tea is a drink with important health benefits. Unlike other plants with limited evidence of their effects, green tea has been extensively studied and many of its properties are supported by science. Do you want to learn about different ways to drink green tea? In this article we’ll teach you 4 options.
Different ways of drinking green tea
Due to the popularity it’s gained as a dietary supplement, green tea is now available in extracts, capsules, powder and other presentations. However, you can also enjoy it in its natural state in different ways.
First of all, you should know that these drinks will help you take care of your health but they’re not miracle formulas or powerful treatments. Simply put, they offer benefits as part of a healthy and varied diet.
1. Plain green tea
Let’s start with the most traditional way to drink green tea. If you haven’t yet gotten used to this drink, it’s a good idea to start simply with this recipe.
- 2 cups of water (500 ml)
- 1 tablespoon of green tea (5 g)
- First, heat the water. The water shouldn’t reach boiling point, so take it off the heat just before it boils.
- Then, add the green tea leaves and leave it to steep for a maximum of 3 – 5 minutes. After all, the flavor of green tea can be unpleasant if it’s too strong.
- Once you’ve taken out the leaves, you can drink it immediately or add ice if you want a refreshing drink.
2. Lemon green tea
This combination is great. Lemon is a fruit full of antioxidants and vitamin C, in addition to being rich in dietary fiber, according to information published in the Journal of Pharmaceutical and Biomedical Analysis. This is a good combination to take care of your skin and fight constipation.
- You just need to add lemon juice to the basic recipe.
Visit this article: How to Use Honey for Weight Loss
3. Green tea avocado smoothie
By combining the natural energetic qualities of this tea with the healthy fats found in avocados, you get a true health bomb.
- To prepare it, blend half an avocado with half a cup of tea and enjoy.
- We recommend drinking this in the morning or at midday to best take advantage of the energy.
4. Green and chamomile tea with aniseed
If you have digestive problems, this is one of the best ways to resolve them.
This is because according to a publication in Molecular Medicine Reports chamomile has properties that help with digestion and relieve stomach pains and heaviness.
By combining its properties with those provided by green tea and aniseed you get a natural drink that stimulates waste elimination and reduces swelling.
- 1 liter of green tea
- 1 tablespoon of:
- aniseed (10 g)
- chamomile (10 g)
- First, heat up the green tea. Before it boils, add the aniseed and chamomile.
- Next, take it off the heat and leave to steep for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Then, drink it immediately.
5. Green mint and ginger tea
You can enjoy ginger and lemon tea any time of day, although each time involves different benefits.
Among the different ways to drink green tea, this is a favorite of many due to the refreshing effect of mint. This plant, according to a publication in Ancient Science of Life, has beneficial properties for the antimicrobial, gastrointestinal and nervous systems.
- 1 liter of green tea
- A tablespoon of mint (10 g)
- 1 small chunk of fresh ginger
- 2 pieces of ice
All you need to do is blend all the ingredients to get the benefit of their properties.
Do you want to know more? Teas that Fight Digestion Problems
Remember that the recommended dose is maximum 4 cups a day if you don’t drink coffee as well. So, for each cup of coffee you drink, you should subtract one cup of green tea. If you suffer from tachycardia or hypertension, you should consult your doctor before drinking green tea, as in some cases it’s contraindicated.