Chamomile: A Natural Treatment for Hemorrhoids
Hemorrhoids are a bit of a taboo topic for many people. No one likes talking about what’s going on in such an intimate part of their body. However, the reality is that besides being a relatively common malady, hemorrhoids often bring along with them many issues and very intense pain that increases as time goes by.
Adequate natural treatment for hemorrhoids could end your discomfort quickly, so why not talk about them?
What are Hemorrhoids?
First, the veins of the rectum and the anus become inflamed. Then, the padding of the submucous tissue that contains the surface blood vessels and arteries of the anal canal project out. This causes hemorrhoids, or piles.
Under normal circumstances, the three pads located in the right lateral wall, the left and the middle area of the canal, all help with bowel movements.
There are several causes for the emergence of hemorrhoids. Once they emerge, it’s very likely that the problem will repeat itself if you don’t prevent the factors that cause their appearance.
Factors that Can Cause Hemorrhoids
- Constipation: This can become a chronic issue. In this case, the compression of the veins of the anal canal causes inflammation.
- Hereditary factors: If you have a propensity to suffer from hemorrhoids, then you’re more likely to suffer from them.
- Pregnancy: Abdominal pressure and the effort put forth cause inflammation, especially in the final weeks and during natural birth.
- Getting older: Unfortunately, the rectal sphincter loses strength as we age.
- Diarrhea: This causes irritation, which can lead to hemorrhoids.
- Obesity: Obesity causes abdominal pressure on the pelvic floor.
- Staying in the same position for a long time: Standing up or sitting down for a long time without moving can cause inflammation. This is typical for certain professions like janitors, information technology professionals, office workers, and taxi drivers, among others.
- Portal Hypertension: An increase in blood pressure at the portal system level causes this.
- Abuse of laxatives: This can cause irritation.
- Spicy food, food with a lot of flavor or salt: These cause inflammation from the intestinal and rectal mucous.
Natural Treatment for Hemorrhoids
Unfortunately, the symptoms of hemorrhoids make them so hard to endure.
Surgical interventions can sometimes be necessary. However, symptoms can usually be relieved by using natural remedies.
These four remedies using chamomile are easy and very effective. However, first you need to be certain that you are indeed suffering from this affliction.
- Intense pain surrounding the anus.
- Bright red blood in your bowel movements, on the toilet paper, or in the toilet. (However, there are other causes of anal bleeding, so it should be combined with other symptoms)
- Black feces (However, note that some medicines such as bismuth and foods such as spinach or calamari in its ink can also cause black feces).
- Burning or stinging sensation in the rectum.
- Constant moisture in the anal area.
- Stains on your underwear.
- Very rarely, there may also be a bad odor or gaseous incontinence. In the most extreme cases, there can even be partial or complete fecal incompetence.
Now that you know what the symptoms are, you should be aware that hemorrhoids very infrequently go away in less than seven days. However, the discomfort and pain can be relieved quickly by using chamomile as a natural treatment for hemorrhoids.
Chamomile: A Natural Treatment for Hemorrhoids
Chamomile possess multiple curative properties that help calm the nerves. Plus, it’s anti-spasmodic, anti-rheumatic and anti-inflammatory.
Overall, it’s a very effective natural treatment for hemorrhoids. Thus, we recommend these four chamomile remedies.
Remedy # 1: Chamomile and Roses
This ointment is very effective:
- In a jar, put 250 milliliters of wheat germ oil, 10 grams of powdered chamomile and the petals of 2 roses and cook them on slow heat for one hour.
- Use a cheese cloth to strain it and take the resulting mixture and mix it with 20 grams of beeswax and 20 grams of lanolin.
- This ointment should be kept in a sterilized container (with hot boiled water) until it cools down.
- Once it is solid, apply it to your hemorrhoids daily until the pain goes away.
Remedy # 2: Chamomile Oil
Buy a bottle of chamomile oil and apply it directly on your hemorrhoids until you relieve your symptoms of the affliction.
Remedy # 3: Chamomile Infusion
This is wonderful remedy for the pain. It relieves and refreshes your hemorrhoids. Basically, it involves taking a sit-down bath with the chamomile infusion:
- Prepare this infusion by adding a handful of flowers to three liters of boiling water.
- Then, allow it to steep for 10 minutes.
- Sit in the bidet to soak. The bath should last for 15 minutes.
- Do this daily until you feel better.
Remedy # 4: Chamomile Tea
This remedy reduces anal inflammation, stops small hemorrhages and helps scarring.
- To prepare this remedy, boil a handful of chamomile leaves in one liter of water for 10 minutes.
- Allow it to cool and use it to clean your hemorrhoids for as long as necessary.
How to Keep them from Appearing
Although hemorrhoids sometimes appear with no advance warning, you can also prevent rectal and anal inflammation:
- Avoid a sedentary lifestyle. Exercise at least three times per week for at least half an hour to improve your blood circulation.
- Enrich your diet with fruits, vegetables and whole-grain foods that help to avoid constipation.
- Don’t eat very spiced, spicy foods or foods with a lot of excess fat.
- Abstain from alcohol consumption.
- Lose weight.
- Drink a lot of water. This is good for your blood circulation.
If you follow this natural treatment for hemorrhoids, you will live a healthy life free of hemorrhoids!