7 Ways You Benefit from the 20-Day Celery Diet
This celery diet is easy to stick to, it’s healthy, and it will improve your well-being and quality of life in just a few short weeks.
Please note that we’re not suggesting a restrictive diet, or to make celery the only part of your weekly meal plan.
What we’re actually suggesting is that celery can make an excellent complement or garnish for any dish.
We can add it to our natural smoothies, turn it into a regular ingredient as part of a varied diet free of saturated fats and refined flour.
Any healthy diet requires strong will-power, a bit of imagination, and great dedication to make our well-being the sole focus.
This way, you’ll be able to lose weight, take care of your heart, and optimise your metabolism. With a celery diet you can do this!
We’re going to explain how.
Celery diet: start with a healthy smoothie
Don’t hesitate to start each morning with a breakfast rich in fibre, protein, and vitamins.
- However, you’ll feel amazing if you take this celery-based smoothie for breakfast 3 or 4 times a week.
- It’s purifying and will improve digestion. It also helps to absorb nutrients, fight constipation, prevent fluid retention, and, also, your liver will thank you.
- We recommend starting the day with this smoothie, then having breakfast half an hour later and then, throughout the day, drinking a glass before meals.
Follow these instructions to make it.
- The juice of ½ lemon
- A stick of green celery
- 5 leaves of fresh mint or 1 tablespoon of dry mint (10 g)
- 1 litre of water
- This is really easy to do. Just blend all the ingredients together and then drink the first glass at breakfast, nothing more.
- Drink the rest an hour before each meal.
Easy suggestions for a celery diet
As we pointed out at the beginning, this is not in a restrictive diet. What we need above all else is a little imagination to make celery a regular addition to our meals.
Here are some simple ideas that might help:
- Celery, chickpeas, raisins and diced green apple salad.
- Cream of celery and carrots.
- Cod with celery and apple.
- Potato-chip-style oven-baked celery.
- Sliced celery with tuna and ham.
- Cucumber, celery, tomato, dried plum, and chicken salad with pepper salsa.
- Celery and pumpkin quiche.
- Hake soup with celery and onion.
- Cream of zucchini with celery and chunks of turkey.
- Chickpeas with leeks and celery.
- Brown rice with celery, raisins, tuna and olives.
- Baked trout with celery, carrot, lemon and white wine.
- Mushroom soup with celery and apple.
7 changes that you’ll notice within 20 days with a celery diet
Most of us tend to always choose stalks of celery for our recipes.
However, it’s interesting to remember that both the leaves and seeds of this vegetable are edible and beneficial. Therefore you should try to include them in your salads or soups. You’ll love the result.
Next, we’ll tell you everything you’ll notice in your body within a few weeks.
A celery diet is healthy and here’s why you should start today.
1. Goodbye to cholesterol
Celery contains a phytochemical called 3-n-butylphthalide which helps to reduce the high density lipoprotein known as “bad cholesterol” (LDL).
It also reduces the concentration of triglycerides.
2. Helps to fight inflammation
Celery is rich in antioxidants and polysaccharides that act as powerful natural anti-inflammatory.
Flavonoids and polyphenols reduce oxidative stress, therefore, this vegetable is very helpful for people who suffer from arthritis, heart disease…
3. Regulates blood pressure
Celery seeds regulate blood pressure since it contains potassium, hexanoic acid, methanol… As well as this, it also contains other natural extracts that improve circulation and blood pressure.
4. Your liver will feel great
People who suffer from fatty liver disease will find that this diet will really help in their recovery.
Enzymes in celery, mixed with a diet rich in fibre and antioxidants from fruit and vegetables can help improve this condition.
5. You can lose weight easier
Celery, by itself, will not make you lose weight. But it can help us to achieve this because of some useful properties.
- Celery is filling and low in calories.
- It improves your metabolism and helps to burn the most resistant fat.
- It’s a diuretic.
- It’s an anti-inflammatory.
- It helps to optimise digestion.
6. Celery fights infection
This is very interesting: celery seeds have been used for centuries as a natural medicine to combat bacterial infections.
For example. if you regularly suffer from urine infections, this diet will help you to avoid them or cure them quicker.
7. It can help protect against cancer
Celery is one of the most important foods in the fight against cancer.
- As we know, healthy eating is always an important factor in combating this disease.
As a result, and this is something we should remember every day, vegetables such as carrots, fennel, parsley, parsnips and celery contain some compound guards against cancer called polyynes.
So now, tell us, after reading all these benefits… What’s stopping you taking up a celery diet today?