Try this Spectacular Chickpea, Mango and Pomegranate Salad
Say no to eating fast food and processed meals that are high in fats and difficult to digest. Instead, put this chickpea, mango and pomegranate salad on your table to feel better.
Here’s a great dinner idea: a salad with chickpeas, mango, and pomegranate.
This is a spectacular combination of intense flavors and exceptional health benefits that will come together to make a great meal.
If this salad sounds appetizing and you want to try it, then we’ll give you all the information you need to know about it below.
Chickpeas, mango and pomegranate salad: health and wellbeing
When we hear the word “salad” we immediately think of a bowl of lettuce and tomatoes, which can be undoubtedly boring.
It’s worth bearing in mind that few dishes can be as varied and imaginative as salads.
You can put almost any ingredient in them!
Having said that, we should look for salads which are tasty as well as healthy.
For this reason, this simple recipe which contains chickpeas, mango and pomegranate, becomes an option that your cardiovascular health, as well as your figure, will appreciate.
It keeps you full, helps with digestion and weight loss, and provides your body with important nutrients.
Chickpeas: energizing and slimming
You may be surprised by this. Can chickpeas really help us lose weight? The answer is “yes”.
The problem is that chickpeas have generally always been combined with foods that are too caloric or fatty like meat and dairy.
- Our grandma’s dishes are tasty but somewhat dangerous for our cholesterol. However, chickpeas, accompanied by pomegranates and mangoes, can certainly be something fabulous.
- Chickpeas are high in fiber, which helps us get rid of the fats in our body. This is how we can fight against constipation and eliminate toxins.
- Also, these delicious pulses contain lecithin. This is an organic substance that helps us to emulsify fats, which makes them less resistant and easier to burn.
Pomegranates: healthy for your heart
You’ve probably never heard of the term “punicalagin” before. This word refers to a very powerful phenolic compound with a high antioxidant value.
- In fact, pomegranate has more antioxidants than wine or green tea.
- Also, pomegranate is a fruit with anti-inflammatory and even antibacterial properties. Therefore, it takes care of our stomach and intestinal health.
- Another interesting fact about pomegranates is that they’re a food that cares for our heart.
- These delicious little gems promote blood circulation, take care of the elasticity of arteries and reduce bad or LDL cholesterol.
Mango: the fruit that never fails
Mango always works in meals. You can combine it with meats, put it in soups, in spectacular desserts and, of course, in salads.
Some call it the king of fruits because of its unforgettable taste and incredible health benefits that make it almost indispensable in our diet. Here are some examples of all its benefits:
- Mangoes help to reduce cholesterol: they achieve this thanks to their high levels of fiber, pectin and vitamin C.
- Mangoes alkalize our body. They do so thanks to tartaric acid, malic acid and their small traces of citric acid.
How to prepare this mango, chickpea and pomegranate salad
- 1 cup of cooked chickpeas (220 g)
- ½ cup of mango (100 g)
- ½ cup of pomegranate seeds (100 g)
- 5 tablespoons of lemon juice (50 ml)
- ⅔ cup of chopped chives (50 g)
- 1 chopped garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon of fresh ginger, peeled and finely chopped (5 g)
If the chickpeas are already cooked then you won’t have to cook them when preparing this salad. You’ll just need a good bowl which you’ll add all the ingredients to little by little.
- Start by adding the ginger, chopped garlic, chopped chives and lemon juice to the bowl. This will make the dressing for the salad.
- Once they’re well mixed together, add the chickpeas, pomegranates and mango.
Mix the ingredients together with a spoon or salad tongs so that the dressing is evenly distributed.
What are you waiting for?! Prepare this salad today and take care of your health.It might interest you...