Treat Urinary Infections with These Natural Remedies
Not only are there very efficient remedies to treat and relieve urinary infections, there are also some remedies that can even help to prevent them. Learn more in this article!
Urinary infections are a very uncomfortable problem.
If you often suffer from this kind of ailment, we’d like to help by explaining a range of natural remedies that allow you to effectively treat these infections.
However, it’s important to bear in mind that these remedies are only useful in mild cases. In more serious cases, it is recommended that you turn to a specialist.
In general, urinary tract infections are more common in women, since their urethra is shorter.
The symptoms of a urinary infection are:
- A burning sensation when urinating.
- The need to urinate frequently.
- A murky color of the urine.
- The sensation of a full bladder even when it isn’t full.
If you’re suffering from a mild urinary tract infection, then there are few things that can help. Let’s take a look at some natural treatments.
Natural Remedies for Urinary Infections
1. Baking soda
Baking soda can be a great ally for relieving a possible urinary infection.
When you experience the first symptoms of an infection, don’t hesitate to take this remedy after drinking two glasses of water.
- 3/4 of a glass of water (130 ml)
- 1/4 of a teaspoon of sodium bicarbonate (1 gr)
How to take it
- As we mentioned above, you should first drink two glasses of still water.
- Then, dissolve the baking soda in the quantity of water indicated and drink it.
Read also: 30 Amazing Uses for Baking Soda
2. Olive leaf and turmeric
If you mix olive leaf extract (oleuropein) with turmeric, the result you will get is a very effective natural remedy for treating urinary infections.
- 180 mg of oleuropein
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder (5 g)
Ingredients for children from 2 to 12 years of age
- 40 mg oleuropein
- 1/2 a teaspoon of turmeric powder (2 g)
How to take it
- For both adults and children, you need to divide the dose of oleuropein into three daily doses for a total of 7 days.
- The indicated dose of turmeric should be taken once a day.
NOTE: This should not be used for children under 2 years of age.
3. Cranberry juice
Cranberry juice is another option that you can use to put an end to urinary infections.
It has been proven that drinking cranberry juice prevents bacteria from sticking to the walls of the urinary tract, which makes it easier to eliminate them with the urine.
4. Coconut water and coconut oil
Both coconut water and coconut oil are perfect allies when fighting off a possible urinary infection.
- Coconut oil is a powerful antibacterial agent that can kill E. coli bacteria even when it has become resistant to antibiotics.
- On the other hand, coconut water is effective for removing impurities from the kidneys.
How to use it
- The best way of using this remedy to eliminate a urinary infection is to ingest two tablespoons of unrefined, virgin coconut oil over the course of a day.
- To complement the action of the coconut oil, you should drink a cup of coconut water on an empty stomach in the morning and another before going to bed at night.
Asparagus is a powerful diuretic, so much so that it’s often prescribed as a purifier of the urinary tracts, as it can help to cure urinary tract infections.
However, it’s important to bear in mind that asparagus can change the smell of urine when you’ve eaten it that day.
6. Apple cider vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is another fantastic solution to this ailment.
- 2 cups of water (500 ml)
- 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar (20 ml)
How to take it
- Dilute the two tablespoons of vinegar in half a liter of water.
- Drink this solution over the course of the day for a significant improvement.
Check out this article: Amazing uses for apple cider vinegar
Watermelon is an exceptionally versatile fruit. It is perfect for alleviating ailments in the urinary tracts because it cleans and refreshes the kidneys.
However, it does not eliminate infections once they have developed.
For people suffering from cystitis, it is good to include watermelon as one of the measures to prevent infections.
8. Celery juice
A good celery smoothie can help you to fight off a urinary infection.
- 3 liters of water
- 2 stalks of celery including the leaves
- 2 thick slices of pineapple
- 1 cup of chamomile tea (250 ml)
What to do with it
- Process all the ingredients in the blender until you have a uniform mix.
- Drink over the course of the day.