Seven Tips to Slow Down and Reverse Hair Loss
Hair loss is less common in women than in men. It’s a natural process that appears with the passage of time, and in some cases, it happens earlier than others for various reasons such as stress. However, it’s possible to slow down hair loss.
Are you one of those people that have noticed their hair falling out more than usual? If so, we recommend the following tips to slow down this problem.
Slow down hair loss
During your youth, you can lose between 50 and 80 strands of hair daily. This happens because the life cycle of each hair is 2 to 7 years. After completing a cycle, each hair follicle forms new hair within approximately three months.
A poor diet, some diseases, and treatments, nervousness, stress, hormonal changes, and genetics can be some of the reasons for hair loss. Also, some external agents, such as hot weather, chemicals, hairdryers, and irons, contribute to this problem.
After a hair falls out, a new finer hair forms, with a shorter life cycle. Once they fall out, the follicle likewise closes completely and is no longer grows anymore.
It’s normal to lose some hair during seasonal changes. It’s usually more noticeable in the fall.
Seven effective tips
Here are some tips that can help you care for and keep your hair healthy.
1. Massaging the scalp
It’s the easiest thing you can do to prevent hair loss. It doesn’t require you to spend any money. Only if you wish, you can do so by applying almond oil or any other essential oil.
2. Slow down hair loss with onion juice
Although it isn’t scientifically proven that onion juice can be useful to slow down hair loss (or stop it), there are those who believe it can and that’s why they apply it.
Rub onion juice on your scalp before sleeping and leave it on during the night. Remove it in the morning with a good wash to prevent the smell from sticking. Preparing it is very simple.
- 1 onion
- 1 c. of water
- Start by blending one peeled onion with one glass of water. Blend it for several minutes until it gets smooth.
- You can also do the same with garlic juice and ginger. Both of them are equal to the onion juice. Only use one juice at a time, without mixing them.
Learn to make these Seven Home Remedies to Fight Dandruff and Seborrhea
3. Potato water rinse
Another option that’ll help you to slow down hair loss is potato and rosemary water.
- 3 potatoes
- Rosemary leaves (to taste)
- 4 c. of water
- Firstly, cut the potatoes into slices. Then, in a pan, mix them with rosemary leaves and boil them in a liter of water. Strain the preparation and let it rest.
- Wash your hair as usual and use this mixture as a rinse at room temperature every day. The number of ingredients will depend on the length of your hair.
4. Slow down hair loss with aloe vera
Make a juice with aloe vera and coconut oil to strengthen your hair
- 1 Aloe vera leaf
- 3 drops of coconut oil
- To begin with, take an aloe vera leaf, peel it to remove the crystal, and wash thoroughly
- Then, process the crystal with three drops of coconut oil. Afterward, once it forms a homogenous mixture, apply it from root to tip.
- You can replace the coconut oil with olive or almond oil, according to your own preference. Don’t worry about the smell of aloe vera, because the oil will conceal it.
- Finally, repeat the application once a week
5. Eat more protein
Add more protein-rich foods to your daily diet to slow down hair loss. Most of the foods that are rich in proteins also contain vitamin B12, which strengthens your hair.
Remember that your nutrition depends on the proper functioning of your body. This includes increasing the production of collagen and other compounds that are essential for the health of your hair.
6. Lower your stress
Stress can promote hair loss. Try doing some physical activities such as hiking, swimming, cycling or any sport of your choice, for at least a half-hour every day. Yoga also helps reduce stress levels.
Talk with a trusted person or with a specialist when you are dealing with certain situations because they can help reduce your stress. Another option to soothe your level of anxiety, nervousness, and stress is drinking herbal teas such as chamomile.
7. Taking vitamins
Many times people start taking vitamins when they’re adults. Vitamin A is an antioxidant that stimulates the sebaceous gland on the scalp.
Vitamin B helps in the production of melanin, which in turn stimulates blood circulation. Likewise, vitamin E improves circulation and keeps the hair follicles healthy and active.
To prevent or slow down hair loss, it’s best to lead a healthy lifestyle and, if the problem persists, consult a doctor.
Remember that a good diet can do a lot for your hair, so don’t forget to eat well.It might interest you...