Did you know that you can tackle nervous breakdowns with a tea with tangerine peel?
Read this article to learn more!
Whenever you have a nervous breakdown, you can find yourself in a state of agitation that tends to manifest through anxiety, sweating, a rapid heart rate, and an inexplicable sense of fear.
The symptoms will vary from person to person and almost always depend on the activity of your nervous system and the situation that causes it in the first place.
In general, however, it will keep you from feeling calm and can lead to other emotional problems like depression, insomnia, and irritability.
Fortunately, there are several natural remedies that have properties that will promote feelings of well-being in a short time.
In today’s article, we want to share a recipe with you for tea made with tangerine peel, valerian root, and chamomile, which is ideal for those times of stress and anxiety.
Tangerine peel, valerian root, and chamomile tea to calm your nerves
The ingredients in this tea contain vitamins, minerals, and antioxidant compounds that help regulate the function of your nervous system in times of crisis or anxiety.
These nutrients act as powerful relaxants, producing effects that are similar to those found in certain medications and other products for the nerves.
Actually, this tea even has properties that benefit other aspects of your health, and because it has no side effects you can drink it every day.
Read also: 9 habits that cause you anxiety
The benefits of tangerine peelTangerine peel has become a popular ingredient in alternative medicine, thanks to its high content of vitamin C and minerals.
Although some people still throw it away, the peel actually has up to 10 times more antioxidants than the juice of the fruit.
- It’s recommended for strengthening your immune system and reducing the risk of infection.
- It also helps minimize the harmful effects of free radicals on your cells, which could prevent chronic disease and premature aging.
- It stimulates the production of melatonin, a substance that helps calm the nerves and improve your quality of sleep.
- Finally, tangerine peel helps reduce high cholesterol levels and also controls blood sugar.
The benefits of Valerian root
Valerian is one of the most popular plants when it comes to treating emotional problems related to the nerves, stress, or insomnia.
- It has sedative and relaxing properties that work on your nervous system to produce a sense of well-being.
- Its compounds improve the function of your neurotransmitters that are responsible for helping you fall asleep and reducing any sleep disorders.
The benefits of chamomileChamomile is a plant that has multiple medicinal uses, including its benefits for stress and nervousness.
- It has strong sedative properties that control irritability and anxiety.
- It relaxes your nervous system and eases any feelings of fear or pressure.
- Among other things, chamomile relaxes your muscles and produces a feeling of restfulness.
Visit this article: 6 medicinal properties of chamomile
How do you make this tea to calm the nerves?Preparing this tea is very simple and you can always make a cup whenever you feel anxiety coming on.
It’s important to remember that it can cause drowsiness, however, so it’s better to consume it at night.
- 1 cup of water (250 ml)
- The peel from 1 tangerine
- 1/2 teaspoon of valerian root (5 g)
- 1/2 teaspoon of chamomile (5 g)
- Add the water to a pot along with the tangerine peel, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low and add the valerian root and chamomile.
- Let it simmer for two to three more minutes, covered.
- Remove it from heat and let it cool to a comfortable temperature.
Mode of consumption
- Strain off the liquid and drink a cup of this tea before your symptoms worsen.
- Drink it 20 to 30 minutes before going to bed.
- Repeat this every day, or only take it when it’s needed.
Are you going through a period of anxiety or nervousness? Are you irritable or having trouble concentrating? Go ahead and make this relaxing tea – you’ll see for yourself how relaxing it is.
Remember that in addition to feeling better emotionally, you’ll also feel lighter and will be giving your immune system a boost.