Chamomile and Parsley Remedy for an Absence of Menstruation
An absence of menstruation (amenorrhea) can be physiological (from natural things like menopause) or pathological (there are different causes for this). Although gynecologists generally recommend birth control to regulate your period, you can also try a natural remedy if you’re dealing with an absence of menstruation.
Today, we’re going to show you one with chamomile and parsley–give it a try!
What causes an absence of menstruation?
If you’re not in the phase coming up to your first period or menopause, a several month absence of menstruation could be a sign of a health problem that you need to diagnose and treat appropriately.
(Of course, we’re not talking about pregnancy.)
The possible reasons behind it include:
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS): the ovaries do not produce eggs.
- Hypothalamus dysfunction from excessive exercise, weight loss, or high blood pressure.
- High levels of the hormone prolactin.
- Premature insufficiency of the ovaries, before menopausal age.
- Stress or traumatic episodes.
- Eating disorders like anorexia or bulimia.
- Thyroid disorders.
The most common, conventional treatment that gynecologists prescribe for menstrual disorders is the birth control pill. Although it can regulate your cycles, it’s not the only solution to problems with an absence of menstruation.
Once you stop taking the birth control, the problems could also come back. It’ also important to keep in mind that birth control causes other side effects in your body.
You should always thoroughly assess any medical treatment that you’re going to begin, taking into account both its positive and negative effects on your health.
A natural remedy for an absence of menstruation
We always recommend medical diagnosis and treatment. But if you’re suffering from an absence of menstruation for specific reasons like stress, or want to use a natural remedy, this chamomile and parsley mixture could be what you’re looking for!
It has sedative properties that are especially helpful if the absence of menstruation is related to stress. Plus, it has a strong anti-inflammatory effect that can also be very useful depending on the cause of the disorder.
People have drunk chamomile for decades as a remedy for an absence of menstruation and all kinds digestive and nervous disorders.
It stands out for its high levels of vitamins A and C, folic acid, and minerals like magnesium, iron, and potassium.
In cases of an absence of menstruation, parsley is the most effective plant to encourage periods to begin, thanks to the volatile oils in it.
These oils improve blood flow to the uterus, which helps to relax and dilate it. This is how it helps ease your body back into menstruation.
You might like:
- 4 cups of water (1 liter)
- 3 tablespoons of dry chamomile flowers (30 g)
- One handful of fresh parsley (around 20 g)
- Boil the liter of water.
- When it first starts boiling, remove it from heat and add the chamomile flowers and chopped parsley.
- Then, cover the pan and let infusion stand for 10 minutes.
- Once this time has passed, strain it.
- If you like, you can sweeten the infusion with stevia or honey.
How to drink it
Drink this remedy in 3 doses over the course of the day:
- On an empty stomach first thing in the morning
- During the morning
- During the afternoon
Drink this remedy every day for a maximum of 7 days. After this time, if your period still hasn’t started, we recommend going to see a gynecologist.
Other natural remedies
If you want to reinforce this treatment, you can complement it with other supplements, techniques, and natural remedies:
- Vitamin C.
- Chasteberry or Vitex agnus-castus.
- Red clay poultices on the belly.
- Suction therapy in the area of the ovaries (always carried out by a professional therapist).
- Bach flowers: mustard and chicory.