Three Stretching Exercises to Improve Your Leg Flexibility
To improve your leg flexibility, do these exercises consistently. This will ensure better results and improve your well-being.
There are various stretching exercises to help you get a nice, toned, strong, and elastic body. In this article, we’ll share some simple exercises that will help you improve your leg flexibility.
Physical training not only helps you look good but also keeps your legs healthy. Putting your body in motion prevents the feeling of fatigue, bloating, and water retention in this area.
What is Flexibility?
Flexibility is the lengthening and adapting of the body’s muscles to different degrees of joint movement. Each body has its limits and particular skills.
The Advantages of Having a Flexible Body
Flexibility is a quality that you can develop, not something that will miraculously fall into your lap while you’re watching TV. It takes hard work to develop it!
Stretching exercises will allow you to improve muscle strength, circulation, posture, balance, and coordination. Plus, doing them reduces your risk of ligament and tissue injuries.
Elasticity helps athletes increase their speed and endurance. It also allows you to increase movement effectiveness, get to know your body better and, among other things, enhance physical relaxation.
Take a look at: 5 Treatments With Coconut Oil to Reduce Stretch Marks and Scars
Stretching Exercises to Improve Leg Flexibility
Below, we’ll share three effective and easy stretching exercises to improve leg flexibility.
1. Touch your feet without bending your knees
- Take a deep breath. Stand up straight and join your heels. If you prefer, you can have them slightly apart. Go for whatever is more comfortable for you.
- Then, contract your abdomen. Inhale through your nose and stretch your arms vertically toward the sky. Then, arch your back carefully.
- Straighten your back again and exhale through your nose as you bend forward. Try to touch your feet with your hands while you keep your knees straight. If you can’t do it, don’t worry. You’ll eventually improve your flexibility.
- Hold the pose for at least 30 seconds while you work on your breathing. Inhale again and return to the starting position. Repeat the exercise 20 times.
2. Butterfly stretch exercise
- Sit on the floor, preferably on a yoga mat or towel. Join the soles of your feet in front of you and use both hands to hold them together.
- Seesaw your knees gently like the flapping wings of a butterfly. Sit upright and keep your hands on your feet to keep them together.
- Seesaw your knees for five seconds while you breathe. If you feel comfortable, you can tilt your head down every time you lower your knees. Try to get your forehead as close as possible to your feet. Repeat at least four more times.
3. Stretch your legs while sitting on the floor
- This exercise is also done on the floor. The first thing you have to do is open your legs to the sides as much you can and leave them stretched out.
- Stretch as if you were trying to touch your foot. It’s important that you don’t bend your knee nor bend your head roughly.
- Inhale with your torso upright and bring your arms skyward. Then, exhale while you bend your torso toward one of your legs.
- Take a deep breath and go back to the starting position. Now, repeat with the other leg.
- To start seeing results, you should do this exercise at least 20 times with each leg.
As you can see, these stretching exercises are very simple and are inspired by different yoga poses. These exercises, in addition to improving leg flexibility, also help relax you.