6 Abdominal Exercises You'll Enjoy Doing at Home
Training from home can be a difficult task if you don’t have the knowledge or enough motivation to do it. To help you, we’ll tell you about six abdominal exercises that you can perform from the comfort of your home. Dare to get that flat, toned tummy you’ve been longing for!
Abdominal exercises to work out from home
1. The plank
The plank is one of the best and most common exercises to work out your abs. You don’t need to do reps , just maintain proper posture. This exercise is a challenge, as you need test your resistance.
- To being, place your legs in an extended position and place yourself in a push-up position, resting your elbows on the floor and keeping them at the same height as your shoulders.
- This is about tightening your abdomen and holding it tight. The longer you hold on, the better.
- Additionally, it can be complemented with push-ups and clapping during its execution, which makes it quite useful while working out from home.
- You can do 4 reps of 20 seconds each.
- Take breaks of 2 minutes.
2. Russian turns
Russian twists represent a different way of working the abdomen.
- Lie down on the floor facing the ceiling.
- Keep your feet close together and stretch our arms, without any flexion.
- Once this is done, turn your torso as far as you can to the right and hold for a few seconds. Then, repeat on the opposite side.
- You must repeat the exercise 2-3 times with a break of 4 minutes.
3. The climber
This routine involves almost all the muscles of your body and can be included in your cardiovascular exercise routines, as it increases the number of heart beats per minute.
- Place yourself in a push-up position, joining your hands under your shoulders, keeping your body perfectly straight.
- Next, squeeze your abs tightly and move with your knees forward.
- Then repeat from the initial position with the other knee. With this exercise, you’ll notice a big difference and your body will appreciate it.
- You can do 20 to 25 reps.
- Rest 2 or 3 minutes.
4. Vertical scissors
The main objective of this exercise is to create a right angle between the two legs. It’s essential that you don’t bend your knees and keep your legs suspended in the air.
- Lie on your back and place your hands on the floor.
- Place your hands under your buttocks. Then, without separating your arms, begin to raise one leg.
- Next, lift both legs and keep them in the air for a few minutes.
- Hold the position for a few seconds in the air and try to perform between 25 and 30 reps each time.
- Rest for 2 minutes.
Also read: 5 Exercises to Strengthen Your Glutes
5. Spider push-ups
It consists of performing a flexion while one of the feet tries to touch the elbow. The name comes from the complicated movements that you must do to achieve it.
It’s really good to practice it in open spaces as it allows you to develop your abdominal muscles in a fun way, as well as other areas of your body. You should do 20 and 30 reps with 1-minute breaks.
6. Frog kicks
Frog kicks work out the middle and upper part of the abdomen, which are undoubtedly two of the most difficult areas to tone up.
- Support yourself with your buttocks and hands on the floor.
- Lift your legs with your knees bent.
- Next, move your legs back and forth, trying to touch your chest.
- The point of union will be your abdominal wall where you should feel the pressure and tension of the exercise for it to be effective.
- You should do 10 to 20 reps.
- Take a break of approximately 40 seconds between exercises.
Also check: The Best Exercises for Toning Your Legs
Apart from putting these six exercises into practice, you must be aware that in order to achieve effective results you must be consistent and do these routines on a continuous basis.
They’re really effective in flattening the belly if done consistently, but don’t forget the importance of following a healthy diet. Only the combination of both will make the effort pay off.