Exercises to Slim and Tone Your Thighs
The thighs are part of an attractive figure, which is why so many people want well-shaped, toned thighs free of cellulite, which can give the skin an unsightly appearance.
The bad news is that this is one part of the body where fat tends to accumulate and it’s often difficult to eliminate it and restore firmness to the area.
For the perfect pair of legs, free from sagging, it’s really important to adopt a good exercise routine to strengthen the thighs, reduce fat, and gain muscle mass.
It takes consistent effort for perfect legs. Even with that discipline, it can take a while to see results.
One of the biggest excuses for not exercising is not having the time or money to go the gym. Today, we’re going to share a series of exercises for the thighs that you can do without even leaving your house. Are you ready for the challenge?
Squats to tone your thighs
- Stand straight with the legs shoulder width apart, the torso straight, and your arms out in front of you or behind your neck.
- Bend your knees while lowering your butt as far as you can. Keep the torso erect throughout the movement.
- Now go up and down to complete 3 sets of 20 repetitions each.
If you want to increase the intensity, you can do this same exercise while holding a pair of dumbbells.
Another option is do the exercise in the same position with the same downward movement, but when coming back up, try doing a little jump. In this case, you should only do 15 repetitions per set.
Want to know more? Read: The Best Fat Burning Exercises
With or without weights, this exercise is excellent for toning the thighs and buttocks. It requires effort and concentration, but it’s worth trying.
- Stand with your back and shoulders straight, your chest out facing forward with your arms at your sides.
- Now take a step forward with your right leg and bend your knees so that the left leg almost touches the floor.
- Return to the starting position and repeat with the other leg. Alternate legs to complete 10 or 15 reps per leg.
There are several ways to do leg raises to work this specific area. This time we’re going to show you the lateral version that takes a little more effort, but offers the best results.
- Lie down on your right side, on a cushion or exercise mat and support your head with your right arm and elbow.
- Lift your left leg as high as you can towards the ceiling and try to hold it up for a few seconds before returning to the starting position.
- Do 10 repetitions, rest and complete 3 sets with each leg.
Leg raises with an exercise ball
To do this exercise, you’ll need to concentrate on raising the ball without letting it fall during reps.
You’ll feel a slight pressure in the legs as you work which means that you’re doing great.
- Lie on your back on a cushion or exercise mat with your arms crossed or behind your head.
- Place an exercise ball between your legs, stretch them as far as you can and try to raise them up towards the ceiling, using only your hips and buttocks.
- Carefully lower your legs after that. Try to do 3 sets of 15 reps each.
Don’t forget to read: Foods that Improve Circulation in the Legs
This exercise has a few different variations depending on the position of the body and the movements you do.
We recommend lying scissors for working and toning parts of the body like the thighs and buttocks.
- Lie on your back with your arms at your sides, extend your legs and raise them 4-6″ off the ground.
- Contract the abdomen and squeeze your thighs. Cross your legs like a pair of scissors and try to hold the position for 8 seconds.
- Do 6-8 repetitions.