The Best Artichoke Cream Recipes
Artichoke cream is a dish that can be enjoyed at any time of the year, as it can be served either hot or cold. It has a very mild flavor, and can be served with a variety of ingredients. However, since the artichoke is rich in sodium, it’s recommended to prepare it with a moderate amount of salt.
The artichoke is a vegetable that contains a large amount of potassium and magnesium, as well as vitamins A, B, and C in low quantities. Therefore, it’s a positive nutritional contribution to our diet. All people can benefit from the properties of artichoke, even those with diabetes.
The following recipes vary both in the presentation of the main ingredient and the combinations. Therefore, while in the first recipe we will have the opportunity to cook with canned artichoke hearts, in other recipes you’ll need to opt for fresh artichoke.
Artichoke cream with diced ham
Ingredients (for 4 people)
- Fresh basil leaves
- 2 medium onions
- 1 cup white wine (250 ml)
- 3 cups of chicken broth (750 ml)
- 1 piece of Parmesan cheese (60 g)
- 1 tablespoon of butter (20 g)
- 1 jar of artichoke hearts (500 g)
- 3 tablespoons of virgin olive oil (45 ml)
- 1 package of diced Serrano ham (135 g)
- Seasoning: salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180 ºC
- Place the Serrano ham taquitos in a glass container and place them in the oven to dry them
- Once the cubes are dry and crispy, remove them from the oven and set them aside.
- Cut the artichoke hearts into quarters.
- Separately, cut the onions into rings. Then you need to sauté them in a casserole with a dash of olive oil.
- When the onion is tender, add the artichoke hearts and sauté again.
- After about 2 or 3 minutes of cooking, add another tablespoon of olive oil and the wine.
- Let the wine evaporate and cover with two glasses of chicken broth. Cover the casserole and let everything cook for 20 minutes.
- Once the indicated time has elapsed, check the salt content of the cream. If necessary, correct it.
- Melt the butter in the microwave and add it to the previous mixture.
- Cut the cheese into thin slices.
- Process the butter, cheese, cream, and the third glass of chicken broth in the blender.
- Strain the cream through a sieve to remove the fibers.
- Finally, serve and add the diced Serrano ham on top.
Artichoke and potato cream
Ingredients (for 4 people)
- Olive oil
- 4 potatoes
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 branch of rosemary
- 500 grams (17.6 oz) of artichoke
- Seasonings: fine sea salt, parsley, and red pepper
- Optional: lettuce, almonds
Did you know? Learn How to Plant Artichokes This Winter Season
- First of all, peel the potatoes. Keep one potato without peeling.
- Next, heat some water in a pot. Before it starts to boil, add a teaspoon of salt and the rosemary branch.
- Once the water reaches boiling point, add the potatoes to the pot.
- Separately, peel the artichokes (except one) and cut them into medium-sized pieces. Then add them to the pot.
- Let the potatoes and artichokes cook for approximately 25 minutes.
- When the potatoes and artichokes are well cooked, turn off the heat and drain.
- In the meantime, place a frying pan to preheat with a splash of olive oil.
- Peel and cut the garlic into slices.
- Add the garlic to the frying pan until golden on both sides. Add some chopped parsley.
- Add the garlic oil to the cooked potatoes and artichokes.
- Process everything in the blender until you get a cream without any lumps.
- Strain the cream to remove any remaining artichoke or potato fiber.
- Separately, cut the potato and the artichoke that you had put to one side in the form of chips and fry them in the pan. Once ready, drain on absorbent paper.
- Before serving the cream, decorate with a few potato and artichoke chips.
Artichoke cream is very easy to prepare, and it isn’t necessary to devote more than one hour to carry out all the steps of the recipe – it’s a quick meal that we can prepare at any time. If we have all the necessary ingredients, we’re already halfway there.
Two of the best artichoke recipes
Eating should be delicious and fun. With the right recipes, we can achieve this and make mealtime a time to enjoy. Try these artichoke cream recipes that are quick and easy to make.It might interest you...
All cited sources were thoroughly reviewed by our team to ensure their quality, reliability, currency, and validity. The bibliography of this article was considered reliable and of academic or scientific accuracy.
- Berdonces J. (1989). La alcachofa en la terapia fitodietética. Natura Medicatrix, (19):19-27. Disponible en: https://dialnet.unirioja.es/servlet/articulo?codigo=7085292
- Ching W, Huijuanjia , Aw H, et al. (2014). Beneficial effects of soluble dietary Jerusalem artichoke (Helianthus tuberosus) in the prevention of the onset of type 2 diabetes and non-alcoholic fatty liver disease in high-fructose diet-fed rats. British Journal of Nutrition, 112(5):709-17. Disponible en: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/24968200/