Try This Delicious Serrano Ham Soup Recipe
Preparing a meal that satisfies your taste buds without being overly complicated to make doesn’t necessarily have to be a challenge. An example is this delicious and easy serrano soup recipe.
Although the majority of soups require great care when it comes to choosing, cooking and combining the ingredients, the nice part about serrano soup is that all these steps are pretty easy.
In addition, the nutritional content of this recipe meets the body’s calorie, protein and mineral requirements. Are you hungry yet?
What’s the secret?
It’s all in the mixture of different kinds of proteins. It contains pork (in the form of serrano ham) and vegetables like garlic, onion, and parsley. The combination is satisfying and nourishing.
In fact, this recipe contains up to 60% vegetables, so it has the perfect balance. According to a study in the journal Advances in Nutrition, eating more vegetables helps prevent illness and improve health.
On the other hand, Serrano ham soup is ideal for those who are looking for an energy boost to keep them active but doesn’t feel heavy or overly rich like some soups and stews. Enjoy!
How to make Serrano ham soup
The star of this soup is, of course, delicious Serrano ham. According to sources like Wikipedia, Serrano ham is made by salting and dry-curing the hind legs of pigs
Aside from being delicious, Serrano ham is also quite nutritious. It is high in good proteins and provides a range of essential amino acids. Serrano ham also contains unsaturated fat, vitamins B1 and B6, and minerals such as phosphorus, iron, potassium, and zinc.
Remember that this soup is also full of vegetables, which makes it the perfect addition to your already healthy diet. Go ahead, try it today!
- 3 eggs
- 1 large onion (50 g)
- 7 cloves of garlic (25 g)
- 2 sprigs of fresh parsley
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons of salt (75 g)
- 5 medium tomatoes (750 g).
- 1 cup of whole almonds (100 g)
- 2 large cups of Serrano ham (200 g)
- 4 slices of wheat bread (300 g)
- First, make sure to wash all the vegetables and herbs well.
- Then, put a pan of water on low heat.
- Leave it to heat up, little by little, for 20 minutes.
- Once the water is almost at the boiling point, add the eggs and leave them for 10 minutes.
- When this process is completed, put the eggs on a separate plate, peel them and then cut them into pieces.
Want to know more? Read: 2 Vegetable Soups You’ve Got to Try
- Next, peel the garlic cloves. Make sure to get off all the skin, and then crush them.
- Then, put the almonds and the crushed garlic in a frying pan with a splash of extra virgin olive oil.
- Let the garlic and almonds sauté a little so that the flavors have a chance to mix and meld.
- Then, remove them from the pan and set them aside.
- With the help of a blender, grind up the mixture until you have a thick paste. You can add some water if you like.
- After, cut the stems off the tomatoes if they are still attached, throw them away, and then score the skin in the form of a cross.
- You make the cross by scoring the tomato skin from the top to the bottom, then all the way around the middle.
- Blanch the tomatoes for approximately 2 minutes in a small pot of boiling water, then drain them, remove the skin and chop them into little cubes.
- Remember the frying pan that you sautéed the garlic and almonds in? Don’t wash it yet! Instead, chop the onions into small cubes and start frying them in the same pan. Remember that the ingredients require a certain length of time to acquire the desired flavor.
- When the onion has browned, add the tomatoes. Then, cook them together on a low heat for 20 minutes.
- Now, carefully cut the Serrano ham (or another ham substitute) into small cubes. The idea is to make the most of the quantity of ham you have.
- Add the chopped ham to the garlic and almond paste and stir it until it is well-mixed.
- Then, add 5 glasses of water and the cooked egg and mix all the ingredients together in a casserole dish and leave it to cook for 15 minutes.
- Cut the bread into small pieces and fry them with vegetable oil in the frying pan.
Once everything has cooled down a little, you can serve the soup and enjoy a truly delicious and healthy meal!It might interest you...