We all know what it’s like to have constipation. Whether you suffer from it on occasion or repeatedly, it is an uncomfortable reality that can greatly affect your daily life and health. A sedentary lifestyle, poor diet, and even stressful situations can cause constipation, which is why we are going to offer some simple juice-based smoothies that help relieve it effectively.
A person is considered to be constipated when he or she has bowel movements three or less times a week. In this situation, it is normal to have swelling in your stomach, feel sick, or have a lack of energy. In most cases, it is not considered to be very serious, as these periods tend to be short and end up resolving themselves on their own. But if the situation lasts longer than three weeks or a month, it becomes necessary to consider medical help.
Hopefully, before it gets to that point, you can try some of these simple fruit-based smoothies for constipation.
Prunes and Ginger Smoothie for Constipation
Prunes are an essential food for resolving constipation. A source of fiber and great acids for stimulating your intestine, combined with ginger, make up an excellent combination. They improve your digestion and give mobility to your intestine.
- A half tablespoon of ginger
- Juice from half a lemon
- 3 prunes
- A glass of water
- Drink it in the morning until you notice improvement.
- Start by grating the ginger until you get a tablespoon of it.
- Then put it in a pot with two prunes and a glass of water. Let it boil for 10 minutes on a low flame, allowing them to release their juice.
- Then, add lemon juice.
- Drink this preparation on an empty stomach. We recommend for it to be lukewarm so your intestine will react better.
- Drink this smoothie little by little, and then eat the prunes.
Dried Fig and Prune Syrup
Dried figs stimulate the intestine and are a great source of fiber. Their seeds have perfect properties for constipation. Combined with prunes, they are an excellent remedy.
- 50 grams of prunes
- 50 grams of dried figs
- A half liter of water
This preparation will last for two or three days. You can drink a half glass of it in the morning and in the afternoon. We understand that it may be hard to find dried figs. Sometimes it depends on the season and the prices at which they are sold. But if you have the chance to buy them, we assure you that this syrup is very effective.
- To make it, put the water, the prune, and the figs in a pan. Let sit for 8 to 10 hours (it is best to prepare it the day before).
- The next day, bring this mixture to a boil. Let it boil at a low flame so that the extra liquid is reduced and the fruit gets soft. You will get a type of juice with a pleasant and sweet smell.
- Let it chill.
- Blend the mixture with the help of a blender or a kitchen robot. You will get a tasty and great syrup that will help you fight constipation.
Beet and Watercress Juice for Constipation
The beet is incredibly beneficial for your health. In its crimson pulp, it is a very healthy source of fiber and water, just like watercress, which are rich in vitamins and betacarotenes, a plant of the cruciferous family that stimulates the intestine thanks to its high fiber component.
- 1 medium beet
- 1 handful of watercress
- 2 oranges
- 1 tablespoon of bran
- Start by washing the beet well and then cut it in strips. Put it in the blender to get its juice.
- Now wash the oranges and squeeze them for their juice.
- Next, mix all of the ingredients together: the beet and orange juice, the watercress, and the bran. Put it in the blender and mix it all together well.
- Strain the mixture and drink it immediately.
- The mixture may seem somewhat strange, but we assure you that it is as tasty as it is beneficial. If you drink it in the morning for a week, your bowel movements will become regular. Your digestion will also improve at the same time.
Choose the juice or syrup that seems the easiest or best to you, or whose ingredients will be easiest to find. Try to be consistent for at least ten days and you will see improvement little by little. Don’t forget to drink at least 8 glasses of water a day and exercise. In this way, your intestine will move again and therefore prevent constipation.