5 Smoothies to Overcome Muscle Fatigue
Muscle fatigue is the total or partial loss of muscle capacity for producing strength. It involves a strong feeling of weakness and fatigue that often lasts for several days.
Its appearance is often due to physical over-training. However, it also occurs as a result of nutritional deficiencies, undue efforts, mental stress and dehydration .
Patients who suffer from it must rest to avoid complications.
However, to accelerate your recovery, you can drink some smoothies full of nutrients that benefit the muscles.
In this article, we want to share 5 healthy liquids that can contribute to the relief of this problem.
1. Melon, grape and spinach smoothie
Although it’s low in calories, this smoothie is a that helps reduce the symptoms of fatigue.
It contains high levels of potassium and magnesium, minerals that improve physical performance by reducing fatigue and strengthening muscles.
- 3 slices of melon
- 10 red grapes
- 8 spinach leaves
- 1 glass of water (200 ml)
- First, cut the melon into several cubes and process it in the blender with the grapes, spinach and glass of water.
- After obtaining a smooth drink, serve it instantly.
- Enjoy the smoothie on an empty stomach or after your workouts.
2. Pineapple and banana smoothies
This delicious smoothie is recommended to increase you energy levels before workouts. Overall, its essential minerals help protect muscles and help prevent dehydration.
- 2 pineapple slices
- 1 ripe banana
- 2 tablespoons of oatmeal (30 g)
- 1 glass of water (200 ml)
- First, chop the pineapple and beat it in the blender with the rest of the ingredients.
- Make sure you get a smooth drink, without lumps.
- Drink the smoothie 30 minutes before training.
- You can also prepare it when you’ve done some strenuous physical exercise.
3. Carrot, orange and spinach smoothie
With this drink, you’ll offer your body a bonus of antioxidant compounds, vitamins and minerals that help counteract the effects of muscle fatigue.
Overall, its nutrients decrease cellular dehydration and promote circulation for good oxygenation of muscles.
- 8 carrots
- 1 orange
- 2 spinach leaves
- Juice of ½ a lemon
- First, remove the juice from the carrots with a juices.
- Then, process it in the blender with the juice of an orange and spinach.
- After obtaining a smooth drink, serve it and add the juice from half a lemon.
- Drink the smoothie after your workouts or after doing some strenuous activity.
- Optionally, consume it at mid-morning, at least 3 times a week.
4. Coconut water and spirulina smoothie
The mixture of coconut water with spirulina helps us to remineralize the body when we’re dehydrated or lose salts from excess sweating during exercise.
It’s a drink with low calorie intake that, due to its antioxidant content, helps detoxify the body while overcoming muscle strength.
- A glass of coconut water (200 ml)
- 1 spoonful of spirulina (15 g)
- ½ green apple
- Pour all the ingredients in the blender.
- Then, process until a smooth drink is obtained.
- Take it right away after your workouts or when you feel fatigued.
5. Papaya, orange and lemon smoothie
Rich in dietary fiber, natural sugars and essential minerals, this liquefied papaya and citrus smoothie helps us to minimize the effects of muscle fatigue.
Overall, its diuretic effect stimulates the elimination of liquids and combats inflammation and fatigue.
- 3 slices of papaya
- 3 oranges
- 1 lemon
- ½ glass of water (100 ml)
- First, cut the slices of papaya into several cubes. Then, put them in the blender.
- After, extract the juice of the citrus fruits and add it with the half glass of water.
- Process everything for a few moments, until the ingredients are mixed well.
- Consume the smoothie on an empty stomach or when you feel some symptoms of fatigue.
- Take it as a preventive for muscle fatigue after your workouts.
Do you feel muscle weakness and don’t have the same strength as always? Go ahead and prepare some of these smoothies and take advantage of their properties to get over it.
Remember that, in addition to this, it’s important to rest and increase your water consumption.