Anti-Inflammatory Lotions for Muscle Pain Relief
In addition to anti-inflammatory drugs and analgesics, there are some homemade preparations, made from natural ingredients, that can help calm muscle pain.
Muscle pain is a common ailment that can occur for various reasons, such as poor posture, incorrect movement, excessive physical activity or the opposite, absolute sedentary lifestyle, stress, and so on. And they usually manifest themselves together with an anti-inflammatory reaction.
These pains may be of varying severity, depending on the cause and the way they’re treated. In this regard, it’s worth noting that, although rest may be helpful in some cases, it isn’t always the most advisable.
We want to share with you 3 homemade creams whose application can help to obtain relief, soothing the pain, and reducing inflammation. However, keep in mind that, in order to get good results, you should try to include their application within what your doctor has recommended.
Anti-inflammatory creams to calm muscle pain
1. Clay and natural oil cream
The relaxing properties of clay combined with the anti-inflammatory powers of marigold and lavender oil provide a unique way to treat pain and stiffness in the muscles.
These ingredients may help promote blood circulation. Increasing cellular oxygenation encourages muscles to relax.
- 3 tbsp. of white clay
- 2 tbsp. of marigold oil
- 2 tbsp. of lavender oil
- Add all of the ingredients to a container and mix them until you have a creamy paste
- Let the cream sit for 15 minutes and then rinse
- Finally, repeat this up to twice a day to help calm muscle pain
Read about the causes of Muscle Pain and Tension Due to Stress
2. Beeswax, coconut oil, and arnica cream
The relaxing power of this natural lotion is excellent for reducing muscle pain caused by physical exercise or a blow. Its anti-inflammatory properties relax the affected zone. By improving circulation, they also help to accelerate its relief.
Among its ingredients, we want to highlight arnica. This plant is known for its positive effects in relaxing the muscles and joints. What’s at work here is an effect similar to those of painkillers, which makes it ideal for reducing the severity of pain.
- 3 tbsp. of bee wax
- 1 tbsp. of coconut oil
- 2 tbsp. of arnica oil
- Firstly, add the beeswax to a heat resistant container and cook it in a water bath
- Then, when it is melted, turn down the heat and add the arnica and coconut oil
- Stir well and let it sit until it reaches room temperature
- Once it has a creamy consistency, use it
How to apply
- Firstly, use the amount of cream that you feel is necessary and rub it over the muscles that you want to treat
- Then, let it sit without rinsing and repeat use twice a day
3. Coconut oil and arnica cream
Another way to take advantage of the qualities of arnica is by preparing this anti-inflammatory cream with coconut oil and cayenne pepper. The result is a relaxing and anti-inflammatory product. When massaged onto the affected area, it may reduce stiffness.
The arnica helps create a nice, warm sensation in the affected area. This, in turn, stimulates blood circulation.
- 4 tbsp. of coconut oil
- 3 tbsp. of dried arnica flowers
- Firstly, pour the coconut oil into a heat-resistant container and let it melt over a double burner or in the microwave
- Let it melt completely, then add the arnica flowers
- Stir with a wooden utensil and heat for at least 2 minutes
- Finally, let the cream sit until it is room temperature and until it has the right consistency
How to apply
- Firstly, try out a small amount of the product on an area of your skin. You should do this so as to make sure that you don’t have an allergic reaction to the peppers.
- If you have no issues with allergies, then rub the cream over the sore muscles and massage it slowly for five minutes
- Rinse the treated zones with warm water and repeat the application whenever you feel it necessary
Calm muscle pain with these creams!
If you’re frequently bothered by muscle pain, prepare one of these creams and get the benefits of this alternative treatment. Please note that in some cases it may be necessary to supplement their use with relaxation exercises and analgesic medication.
Don’t forget to consult your doctor if the pain persists or is too severe.It might interest you...