Smoothies That Help Fight Stress, Depression, & Fatigue
Did you know that almond milk is rich in iron and can help you regain strength? Also, avocados are great at helping replace energy and fight fatigue. What’s more, there are smoothies that help fight stress, depression, and fatigue.
The breakneck speed of everyday life, the extensive list of things to do, and the worries we have affect us physically and mentally. Indeed, living a fast-paced life prevents us from resting and, unfortunately, this isn’t without consequence. As a result, at the end of the day, we’re exhausted, stressed, and never find enough hours in a day.
It’s normal to feel the effects of constant stress, physical strain, and doing different activities that compromise your physical and psychological well-being. Discover four smoothies that help fight stress, depression, and fatigue.
We accumulate pain, discomfort, and negative thoughts almost without realizing it. That is, until one day the body reminds us to slow down by sending a warning. As a result, we experience pain in the neck, a constant headache, or simply feel sad or overwhelmed. Indeed, the problem is that little by little we ‘re running out of energy and motivation.
Since these uncomfortable sensations can appear at any time, it’s good to remember natural solutions that can energize your body and motivate you.
Consequently, we’d like to share with you four excellent homemade smoothies that help fight stress, depression, and fatigue. Be sure to try them out and enjoy!
Smoothies that help fight stress, fatigue, and depression
1. Fatigue-fighting avocado smoothie
Feeling tired can be caused by a bad night’s sleep, physical overexertion, or doing several jobs without resting in between.
While the best solution for fighting this is simply giving the body time to relax, it may also be a good idea to energize your body by drinking a natural smoothie.
Simply combine almond milk, avocado, and lemon whose nutrients recharge the body without too many calories.
- 1 ripe avocado
- 2 cups almond milk (500 mL)
- 1 lemon
- 1 walnut
- 2 lemon slices (as a garnish)
- Chill the almond milk in the fridge, then mix with the avocado, lemon juice, and walnut.
- Blend everything for a few minutes, then remove once mixed thoroughly.
- Finally, pour into a glass and garnish with the lemon wedges.
Find out more: Wonderful Avocado Remedies for Your Body Inside and Out
2. Energizing smoothie to eliminate fatigue
Fatigue is oftentimes accompanied by feeling discouraged and dips in mood. This is generally caused by the development of some sort of illness, but sometimes it’s simply due to an exhausting and restless lifestyle.
This energizing drink is 100% natural and combines ingredients like carrots, beets, and apple to recharge your body and improve functioning.
- 3 carrots
- 1 beet
- 1 apple
- 2 celery stalks
- ½ large cucumber
- ½ glass water (100 mL)
- Firstly, wash all the ingredients well to disinfect them and remove any dirt.
- Once ready, cut them into large pieces. Then, place in the blender with half a glass of water to facilitate blending.
- Finally, if you’d like, you can also add a bit of ice.
3. A smoothie to fight fatigue and stress
Fatigue and stress oftentimes come hand in hand, which can complicate life. Furthermore, it’s difficult to eliminate them completely. Still, some nutrients can help to boost your energy and stimulate the production of happiness hormones.
This natural lettuce, tomato, and parsley drink is packed with properties that are perfect for fighting these symptoms.
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 handful of parsley
- 2 celery stalks
- ½ glass water (100 mL)
- Disinfect all ingredients and blend until mixed well with no chunks remaining.
- Then, chill in the fridge for a few hours or add a bit of ice for a refreshing touch.
This may also interest you: 7 Reasons To Eat Tomatoes 7 Days a Week
4. Smoothie for fighting anxiety
When anxiety strikes, it can create many other symptoms that prevent you from enjoying your day. It could, for example, cause you to feel hungrier or extremely anxious, which blocks clear thinking.
So, to foster emotional balance and reduce the desire to eat more calories, reach for this delicious smoothie.
- 1 ripe pear
- 2 tablespoons of ground oats (20 grams)
- 1 glass of mint tea (200 mL)
- 1 tablespoon of honey (25 grams)
- Firstly, wash the pear and place it in a blender with the oats, mint tea, and the tablespoon of honey.
- Blend everything for a few minutes, then drink while fresh without straining.
In conclusion, these smoothies that help fight stress, depression, and fatigue can improve your day so you can face any challenge.
Even though these are not miracle products, they do provide extra energy to increase your mental and physical performance. If your feelings of stress, anxiety, and fatigue never go away, make sure to consult a health professional.
All cited sources were thoroughly reviewed by our team to ensure their quality, reliability, currency, and validity. The bibliography of this article was considered reliable and of academic or scientific accuracy.
- Dowling, N. E. (2009). Mean stress effects in strain-life fatigue. Fatigue and Fracture of Engineering Materials and Structures. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1460-2695.2009.01404.x
- Kamil, A., & Chen, C. Y. O. (2012). Health benefits of almonds beyond cholesterol reduction. Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry. https://doi.org/10.1021/jf2044795
- Duarte, P. F., Chaves, M. A., Borges, C. D., & Mendonça, C. R. B. (2017). Avocado: Characteristics, health benefits, and uses. International News on Fats, Oils and Related Materials. https://doi.org/10.1590/0103-8478cr20141516
- da Silva Dias, J. C. (2014). Nutritional and Health Benefits of Carrots and Their Seed Extracts. Food and Nutrition Sciences. https://doi.org/10.4236/fns.2014.522227
- Esatbeyoglu, T., Wagner, A. E., Schini-Kerth, V. B., & Rimbach, G. (2015). Betanin-A food colorant with biological activity. Molecular Nutrition and Food Research. https://doi.org/10.1002/mnfr.201400484
- Burton-Freeman, B., & Reimers, K. (2011). Tomato Consumption and Health: Emerging Benefits. American Journal of Lifestyle Medicine. https://doi.org/10.1177/1559827610387488
- Bjarnadottir, A. (2015). Oats 101: Nutrition Facts and Health Benefits. Authority Nutrition. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.drudis.2014.11.013