There are more reasons for getting rid of belly fat than just looking better when we see ourselves in the mirror.
Abdominal fat isn’t ideal, we know that. We don’t like it, it’s clear. But most importantly, it’s not healthy.
Excessive belly fat is a direct predictor of multiple associated diseases such as heart disease, type 2 diabetes, or insulin resistance.
Losing weight in this area the body isn’t easy nor will it happen overnight: you need to be consistent, committed, and improve your living habits as much as possible.
In today’s article we want to help you with this: losing belly fat is possible, and we’ll teach you how.
There are six reasons why you can’t lose belly fat
1. You still consume too much processed food
You can go on a diet and follow it faithfully. You can even do those set of exercises that you’ve been recommended and yet you see no results… What are you doing wrong so that your stomach doesn’t recognize all the effort you’ve made?
- One of the main reasons is that you still consume this whole range of processed foods: white bread, crackers, and chips, refined sugar, fizzy drinks or sweeteners.
- Remember this fact: belly fat is associated with inflammation, so eating too much processed food will make it much harder to lose belly fat.
2. You think you should eliminate “all” type of fats from your diet
There are people who do this. They tell themselves that they won’t eat any fat and eliminate many of the foods from their diet that would, in fact, help to burn belly fat.
In our articles, we tell you on numerous occasions about good fats called monounsaturated fats. These have anti-inflammatory effects and help us take care of the heart and improve our weight.
Don’t hesitate to add foods which contain these types of fats to your diet. Examples include:
- Olive oil
- Sunflower Seeds
- Fatty fish (like salmon)
3. You may not be doing the right exercises
Sometimes it’s not enough to walk for half an hour, go swimming, dance, or do yoga …
All these routines are healthy but, in fact, don’t force us to work those “key areas” that are located in our abs, pelvis, and back etc.
You must be aware that to losing belly fat requires a little more effort, so it’s necessary to follow a very specific set of exercise for this purpose.
4. You suffer from a lot of stress
This is important because not everyone considers it, takes it into account, and pays attention to it.
You can follow that fabulous diet that you’ve been recommended closely, go to the gym and have a coach explain what exercises you must do to get a flat stomach as perfect as an ironing board.
However, you see no changes. Why?
- Long periods of stress alters your metabolism and increases the level of cortisol the in blood.
- Because of this higher level of cortisol in the blood, there’s the risk of the level of visceral fat rising and “sticking” more easily.
5. You don’t get enough sleep
Remember and “install” in your brain this vital piece of information: sleeping less than 6 hours a day is harmful to your life, health, and psychological well-being.
Moreover, if you spend between 2 or 3 consecutive months sleeping between 5 or 6 hours a day, not only will you be unable to lose inches off your waist, but you also run the risk of gaining more weight and developing diabetes.
7. Are you pear shaped?
It may seem ironic, but it has an explanation: it’s normal to talk about the shape of our body and our genetic tendency to accumulate fat in certain areas of our body.
- Women thinner on the top half of their body: their face, bust, arms, etc. However, they tend to accumulate weight around their abdomen and hips.
- In this case, and for genetic reasons, it’s common for it to be difficult to get rid of fat from these areas. However, “difficult” is not synonymous with impossible.
Key tips for losing belly fat and getting more in shape
We pointed this out at the beginning: getting a firm, flat belly and which has less fat requires changing many life habits.
Now, to achieve this metamorphosis, you should ideal promote a change in your own mind first.
- So, simple phrases that you can say on a daily basis are: “I’m losing weight” (instead of “I want to lose weight”) or “I’m proud of the efforts I’m making” (instead of “I’m going to work hard”).
With these statements, you emphasize the present action and the desired result and not the simple process, that we sometimes neglect or which escapes us.
Take note now of recommendations which will help you to achieve lose belly fat. There are some changes that you should focus on right now:
- Start the day with a glass of lukewarm water with lemon. During the day you can drink sage tea.
- Consume soluble fiber, reduce your consumption of refined carbohydrates and don’t skip any meals during the day.
- Eliminate alcohol and trans fats from your diet. Substitutes the latter for monounsaturated fats and increase your consumption of proteins.
- Manage stress and do aerobic and strength exercises.
- Sleep between 7 and 9 hours a day.
- Consume fish such as salmon, mackerel, herring, and sardines.
- Eat probiotic foods which look after your intestinal flora.
- Follow your diet and these pieces of advice together with someone else.
If you have a common goal with a friend, family member or partner, you will feel more motivated.
To conclude, remember that you won’t’ see the results in a matter of weeks or even a month.
In fact, follow these guidelines to ensure a good lifestyle and adequate diet.