Leg strength is something you do as part of your beauty routine, as most of us want to show off perfect and toned legs. But besides the beauty and firmness of this part of your body, it is very important to remember that your legs play a very important role in the health and functioning of the rest of your body because they are one of the areas that tend to get tired the most.
Regardless of if you spend a lot of time sitting down or standing up, your legs get tired, weaken, lose muscle tone, and produce pain that can be very uncomfortable. In general, this is caused due to the excessive compression of blood vessels and the lack of body movement, which, as a consequence, results in fluid retention, varicose veins, swelling, and more.
The best way to avoid all of these problems is to keep in mind that you should work to strengthen your legs, improving at the same time blood and lymphatic circulation, eliminating toxins, and excess fluids. In order to do all of that, there are very special exercises that focus on leg strength and are very effective.
What Are the Benefits of Leg Strength?
Besides having physically beautiful legs, strengthening your legs can make your lifestyle more healthy because of what it implies. If you want more reasons for beginning to strengthen your legs, here are the best benefits:
- When you do exercises to strengthen your legs, you tone them at the same time. As a result, you will have better muscle shape in your calves, gluteus, and back.
- It is very healthy because it activates blood circulation, therefore improving venous and lymphatic return, which is the key to toxin elimination and fluids that are retained in the body.
- They help you be in a good mood, prevent injuries, improve joint mobility, and in general, revitalize your entire body.
- They reduce fatigue, because your legs will gain strength and agility.
- They increase self-esteem, because having good results will make you feel good overall.
What Are the Best Leg Strength Exercises?
Firstly, it is very important to warm up and stretch to avoid possible injury. Stretching at the end of your workout is also recommended.
This is one of the best exercises to strengthen your legs at home because besides being very easy to do, it is very effective.
- First position: Stand up with your back and head straight, and your feet shoulder width apart.
- Exercise: Breath in, bend your knees slightly, and move your hips downwards so that your gluteals move towards your calves. You can let your arms hang or flex them out underneath your ears. Return to the initial position. Repeat this several times.
This is another very effective and easy to do at home exercise for leg strength.
- First position: Stand with your legs togethers, your hands on your hips, and your head and back straight.
- Exercise: Step forward with one of your legs and slightly bend both legs little by little until they are at a 90 degree angle. Hold this position for two or three seconds and return to the first position. Do the same thing with the other leg. Do several repetitions of the entire set.
This is ideal for strengthening and toning your legs, but it is not a tool that is commonly found at home. To replace a step, you can use the stairs.
- First position: Stand with your head and back straight and put a leg on top of the step.
- Exercise: Lift your entire body until the leg that is on the step is completely straight and the one that was on the ground is in the air. Return to the initial position. Do the same with the other leg. Do several repetitions of this exercise.
Run in Place
This is exercise is very easy to do and is one of the best to include in your routine.
- First position: Stand with your legs hip width apart and your arms bent in front of your chest.
- Exercise: Raise your heels alternately as if you are trying to touch your gluteals with them. Repeat this 30 times rhythmically and then rest.
This is one of the best exercise for leg strength. It also helps increase and tone your gluteals.
- First position: Lay down face up on a mat or similar. Bend your knees and put your feet flat on the floor.
- Exercise: Raise your pelvis until you form a straight bridge. Repeat several times.