5 Effective Exercises to Lose Belly Fat at Home
To lose belly fat, it’s very important that you be consistent with these exercises, and complement them with a healthy and balanced diet to achieve visible results in less time.
No one said it was easy to lose belly fat. In fact, it’s one of the most difficult parts of the body to trim and tone. Unfortunately, this is also where those extra pounds are the most visible. People tend to accumulate more fat in the abdomen thanks to poor nutrition and other bad habits.
Is it possible to get rid of stubborn belly fat without even leaving your home? The answer is yes – as long as you’re willing to accept a long-term challenge.
You might like: 7 Tips to Lose the Belly Painlessly
5 Easy Exercises to Lose Belly Fat
The most effective way to lose belly fat or fat from any other part of the body is through exercise. Most people prefer to go to the gym because there are specialized machines that help take better advantage of your efforts to achieve optimal results.
However, for those who don’t have the time or money to join a gym, there are effective ways to get rid of that abdominal fat without having to leave your house. So, stop making excuses and get going already!
In today’s article, we’re going to share the top five exercises for working the abdominal area that will help you lose weight and trim your figure. The idea is to target this particular area to lose belly fat.
1. Abdominal CrunchesAbdominal exercises are recommended to slim down the waistline, tone your stomach, and lose belly fat which is localized fat that builds up in this part of the body.
There are different ways to do this, but we want to share some easy exercises that you can do indoors.
How to do crunches:
- On an exercise or yoga mat, lie flat on your back with your knees bent, and feet on the ground.
- Place your hands behind your head and use your stomach muscles to raise your torso off the ground. Keep your back straight and avoid bending your neck (this could cause injury).
- Do three sets of 10 to 20 repetitions.
- If you want to increase the intensity of this exercise, do the same motion but with your legs lifted slightly off the ground.
You might like: Teas to reduce belly fat
2. The PlankThis board-like position, known as the plank, is an exercise that’s growing in popularity because it has demonstrated that in just a few seconds you can work your entire body.
The goal is to lose belly fat, so it’s very important that you keep your abdominal muscles contracted while doing this exercise.
How to do the plank:
- Support your body weight with your forearms and toes, facing downward on an exercise mat. Make sure that your elbows are directly beneath your shoulder blades, and keep your back straight.
- Try to hold this position for at least 20 seconds, and do five repetitions. You will be at an advanced level once you can hold this pose for a minute.
3. Frog KicksThis simple exercise works the middle and upper abdominal area, which is more difficult to tone, so it can really help you lose belly fat by targeting a new area.
How to do frog kicks:
- Sit on a firm surface and support yourself with your hands. Place your feet up in the air with your knees slightly bent.
- Pull your knees toward your chest, and then push them out again.
- You should feel the strain of this exercise in the muscles of your abdominal wall. Do 10 to 20 repetitions.
4. Leg LiftsThe trick to this exercise is to keep your abdominal muscles tight while you raise your legs.
How to do leg lifts:
- Lie on your back with your arms at your sides and legs fully extended.
- Keeping both legs together, raise them slowly, as if a thread were tied to your feet, lifting them toward the ceiling.
- Try to keep your legs elevated for a few seconds without altering the position of the rest of your body, and then lower them slowly back down to the starting position.
5. Abdominal StretchesTo finish up this exercise routine, it’s a good idea to do some stretching exercises that target the abdominal area.
The goal is to tone and lose belly fat, but stretching also helps your body recover after high-intensity exercise. That’s why it’s best to leave this for the end.
How to do abdominal stretches:
- Lie face down with your hands on the floor.
- Push yourself up on your arms, so that your torso arches back and causes you to contract your abdomen.
Getting rid of abdominal fat is a challenge that requires a lot of patience and commitment.
These exercises will help you flatten your tummy, but in addition to doing them on a regular basis, you should complement them with a healthy and balanced diet.