Prepare this Delicious Birthday Cake at Home
As you approach that special day when you celebrate another year of life, you’ll inevitably start thinking about the birthday cake sooner or later. For this reason, we want to share with you a recipe that’s really easy to follow and with great results!
We’ll also show you how to prepare the icing – it won’t take you long and you’ll be surprised how easy it is.
Whether you want to celebrate privately or at a big party it’s always a great idea to show off with a great-looking cake, so keep reading!
Let’s get to work!
Vanilla birthday cake
We’ll share with you the ingredients to prepare a birthday cake for 8 servings. It’s a vanilla sponge cake that can be filled to your liking.
Once it’s ready, it’ll be up to you to decide how to decorate it.
- 2 eggs
- Sugar (160 g, 5.6 oz)
- Whole milk (120 ml)
- Unsalted butter (75 g, 2.6 oz)
- Sifted flour (270 g, 9.5 oz)
- Baking powder (7 g, 0.25 oz)
- Vanilla extract (2.5 ml)
- Before starting, preheat the oven to 200ºC (390 F)
- Coat a cake pan with butter and then sprinkle it with flour.
- Sift the flour and mix with the baking powder and salt in a bowl.
- Start beating on low speed while gradually adding the butter. Continue beating until the dough has a sandy consistency.
- Add the sugar one tablespoon at a time and continue beating. The dough will have a consistency similar to wet sand.
- Now add the eggs, one at a time, while continuing to beat.
- Add the vanilla and milk and beat on medium speed. Make sure everything is well blended and be careful not to over beat.
- Pour the mixture into the pan you prepared earlier and bake for about 30-35 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the mixture comes out dry.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool for about 5 minutes.
There’s your delicious birthday cake and you prepared it in less than an hour!
Now, you need to think about decorating the cake so that it really catches people’s eyes at the party. As you’ll see below, preparing this frosting is very easy.
The birthday cake frosting
To make a frosting that looks good and can be decorated as much as you like, it’s best to make it with icing sugar. So if you haven’t got too much time to decorate your cake, this icing will help you save the day.
- 1 pinch of salt
- 3 egg whites
- Water (80 ml)
- Icing sugar (160 g, 5.6 oz)
- Cream of tartar (2 ml)
- Vanilla extract (5 ml)
- Pour the water into a bowl and add the sugar, egg whites, cream of tartar, and a pinch of salt while whisking. You’ll get a fluid mixture.
- Next, prepare a bain-marie. To do this, place the container with the mixture you prepared over a pot of boiling water.
- Begin to whisk the mixture with a fork or a wire whisk.
- Whisk well and then use a mixer and mix on low speed.
- Gradually start increasing the speed until you reach maximum speed. Continue beating until stiff peaks form in the frosting.
- Remove the bowl from the bain-marie and transfer to another mixing bowl.
- Continue beating until the frosting is stiff.
- Add the vanilla extract and mix well to flavor.
You may be interested in: Strawberry Cake with Sugar-Free Whipped Cream
Now you’ll have a delicious frosting that will make your birthday cake look as good as it tastes. If you have time, then you could use other colors for the decoration. To do so, you’ll need to separate the frosting into different containers (depending on the color you want) and add baking coloring to each one.
If you want the cake to look even more striking, you can add chocolate chips or other decorations.
Use your imagination, but try to avoid excesses. We hope you have a fabulous celebration and that everyone enjoys your cake!It might interest you...