Smoked Salmon Blinis with Tartar Sauce Recipe
If you’re going to host a party soon, you’ll need some good appetizers for your guests to enjoy. This smoked salmon blinis recipe is the perfect choice!
Learn how to make it step by step below.
Blinis are hors d’oeuvres made of crispy, firm bread that are served in many parties and gatherings. They originated in Russia, where they’re made from wheat, buckwheat, and baking powder. That makes them more spongy than normal pancakes.
The truth is that to make this smoked salmon blinis with tartar sauce, you’ll need a few ingredients that will make you think of a cake recipe. However, this recipe doesn’t require any sugar and you won’t need an oven to make it.
Other Key Ingredients
Only a few steps separate you from making these blinis so your guests can have a good time while they enjoy eating the good proteins and calories smoked salmon, a very healthy ingredient, provides.
However, we wouldn’t be referring to a Russian recipe if it didn’t include the most famous dressing: tartar sauce. This dressing has an exceptional mouthwatering flavor!
However, none of this would make sense if we didn’t show you what you had to do to make these amazing smoked salmon blinis with tartar sauce.
Smoked Salmon Blinis with Tartar Sauce
Smoked salmon contains very healthy omega-3 fatty acids.
To make this recipe to perfection, you have to pay close attention to the following steps. We’ve divided the recipe into two parts to make things easier for you.
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons of wheat flour (45 g)
- 1 cup of milk (250 ml)
- 2 tablespoons of sunflower oil (30 ml)
- 1 tablespoon of sugar (15 g)
- 2 teaspoons of salt (10 g)
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder (15 g)
This article may interest you: Three Ways to Make Baked Salmon
- Start by beating the egg well with the salt. For a smoother result, use an electric mixer.
- Then, add the sunflower oil and keep mixing for one to two minutes-
- After that, sift the flour and baking powder and add it to the mixture.
- Add the liquid milk to the mixture and start mixing again, making sure not to leave any lumps. The result should be a smooth, lump-free mixture.
- Then, let the mixture cool for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- After that, you can start cooking the blinis on the stovetop.
- Put the heat on low. Then, add some butter or a few drops of oil to a non-stick frying pan and pour a tablespoon of the mixture.
- Let it cook until you see bubbles forming and then flip it over to cook the other side. Repeat until you finish all the mixture.
- Set the blinis aside.
How to Assemble the Smoked Salmon Blinis with Tartar Sauce
Blinis wouldn’t be special if nothing was added on top! So here are the steps to assemble them with smoked salmon and tartar sauce.
- First, cut the smoked salmon into strips.
- Then, place the smoked salmon on top of the blinis in an eye-catching way.
- Finally, pour some tartar sauce on top and serve them on snack trays.