Olive Oil Treatment That Can Help Naturally Strengthen Nails
We know that your nails are important, which is why it’s always good to keep them neat and clean. Keep reading to find out ways to naturally strengthen nails so they don’t break as often or become brittle.
The numerous activities we do both at work and at home can weaken our nails and make them start looking brittle. This is a fairly common problem because the use of chemical cleaning products, a lack of hygiene, and many other factors can have a direct effect on your nail health.
Did you know? Get Stronger Nails with Garlic and Oil Lotion
If you’re looking for alternative ways to take care of your nails, we’ll show you a natural treatment you can use that can help you strengthen your nails. This excellent treatment uses the generous properties of olive oil. Thus, it’s cheap and easy to prepare.
Tips that can help you naturally strengthen nails
- Increase your protein consumption: Nutrition plays a very important role when it comes to healthy nails. Ideally, you should increase your consumption of foods that are rich in proteins such as lean meats, chicken, fish, and legumes. You should also try to consume more calcium and vitamins A, B, and C, which can be found in fruits and veggies.
- Avoid contact with chemical products: Chemical products such as detergents and soaps can weaken your nails due to their toxic components. If you want to have healthy nails, use gloves anytime you need to clean or be in contact with these products.
- Keep your nails short: Long nails may look pretty, but they also break very easily. You should try to keep your nails short instead of letting them grow out.
- Limit your use of nail polish remover: Nail polish remover has toxic substances that can dry out and weaken your nails, causing them to break more easily. You should limit your use of this product to once a week. Also, make sure to use it in small quantities.
- Avoid using hardeners or fake nails: Nail hardeners may seem like a good option to strengthen your nails, but these products have chemical components that can remove your nail plate. On the other hand, when you take fake nails off, you remove the surface of your nail, thus increasing your chances of getting a fungal infection.
- Get a manicure once a week: You don’t necessarily have to paint your nails to enjoy a nice manicure. Just go through the cleaning and nail-cutting portions of the manicure to keep your nails healthy.
- File your nails in a square shape: You should always try to file your nails instead of cutting them with a nail clipper. We recommend cutting them in a square shape so that you won’t end up with ingrown nails.
- Be quick to repair your nails: When one of your nails cracks or breaks, file it as soon as possible. If the crack is small and you want to save your nail, you can apply a bit of nail glue and then cover it with a bit of teabag paper. Once you’ve glued the paper down, file the surface with a piece of fine suede. Finally, apply a bit of clear nail polish on top and you’re ready to go.
Olive oil treatment that can help naturally strengthen nails
Olive oil is a product with hydrating and strengthening properties that can help you keep your nails stronger and healthier.
Discover: Tips for Stronger Nails
- A bit of olive oil
- Fresh orange juice
What do you have to do?
- Crush the garlic with the fresh orange juice in a bowl. Then, let your nails soak in the mixture for 10 minutes.
- Then, in another bowl, pour a bit of olive oil in and let your nails soak in the mixture for 15 minutes.
- You should do this treatment twice a week. Make sure to be consistent if you want to see results.
- You can also soak your nails in olive oil more than twice a week for better results. Another option is to apply a bit of olive oil to your nails before going to bed at night.