Make Natural Soap with Aloe Vera and Honey
Learn to make natural soap! Natural soap has always been much better for your skin’s health than the commercial soaps commonly found in stores, since they are free of artificial substances.
Using natural soap undoubtedly guarantees greater skin benefits, better hydration and nutrition thanks to natural oils, a balanced pH, smoothness and elasticity, and an amazing antioxidant and toning effect. Keep reading to find out how to make natural soap at home!
You might also like: How to Make Homemade Oat and Honey Soap to Hydrate Your Skin
You may have already made natural soap at home with used cooking oil, lye or glycerine but if you have never tried to and would like to know how to use a homemade, natural soap that is extremely good for your skin, take note because you won’t regret it.
Also, an amazing natural scented soap made of healthy ingredients can make a great gift for your friends and family during the holiday season. Shall we try it? Let’s go.
What Type of Soap Do You Want to Make?
There are thousands of types of natural soaps. Each one has certain specific properties, making it easy for you to know what you want to use it for. Let’s do a small review first:
- Oat-based soaps: exfoliating and very good for sensitive skin.
- Snail slime soaps: help balance skin’s fatty acids, soothes irritation and helps get rid of acne.
- Orange or lemon-based soaps: recommended for oily skin, hydrates and refreshes.
- Aloe vera soaps: protects, smooths, hydrates, and regenerates your skin, helps get rid of acne.
- Calendula soap: very beneficial for dry and sensitive skin, great for children and babies.
- Rosa rubiginosa soap: heals and repairs damaged skin.
Making Aloe Vera and Honey Soap
We’ll show you how to make aloe and honey soap. It’s considered to be a simpler and more effective way to care for your skin. The combination of these two great natural products, aloe, and honey, are essential for skin regeneration, to keeping it healthy, hydrated, and glowing. It can also be used by the whole family!
You might like: Five Benefits From Drinking Aloe Vera Juice Daily
We’ll teach you the most basic way to make natural soap. Using glycerin is a simple method that won’t bring you any problems and it’s sure to be the highest quality.
There’s another more complicated way which calls for used cooking oil, for example, but you have to combine it with caustic soda, a dangerous substance that can harm you when you are handling it. This time we will stick to the easier method to ensure your success and safety:
- Pulp from four aloe or aloe vera leaves
- Two 250-gram bars of glycerin soap
- Four spoonfuls of honey
- 100 ml of olive oil
- Lemon zest
Tools you will need:
- A glass bowl
- An electric mixer.
- Place the two bars of glycerin soap in the glass bowl, then place directly in the microwave. Cook until it melts, about 3 or 4 minutes. Check on it continuously.
- In a bowl, mix the aloe (aloe vera) pulp, the four spoonfuls of honey and the lemon zest.
- Finally, heat up a small amount of olive oil. It should be lukewarm, not burning hot, so it doesn’t loses its properties.
- Time to use the electric mixer: beat the mixture on low while slowly adding the warm oil. Mix ingredients together until it has a homogenous consistency. It should be a nice, bright color and smell great.
- Now put the mixture in a mold. The mold should be square-shaped and plastic because this will be the shape of your homemade soap. Pour the mixture into the mold, leaving a few extra centimeters so it’s easier take the soap out later.
- Next, put the mold in the refrigerator so it can set. How long should it be left there? One day is recommended, then you can cut it into smaller bars for daily use.
Tips to Make Natural Soap a Great Gift
We have used lemon and olive oil as essential oils to make natural soap, but you can use whichever ones you’d like: rose, orange, lavender oil, etc.
Finally, you can improve presentation by cutting the soaps into pretty shapes; for example, a heart or an oval. You can then wrap it with nice paper and ribbons. Each detail will make the gift nicer for your loved ones. The fragrance and skin benefits are incomparable. Make natural soap for your loved ones and they will be so thankful!It might interest you...