It’s Never Too Late to Realize that You Deserve Better
Though some might have you believe otherwise, you deserve better. And though it might take you longer to realize it, it's never too late. Keep reading to find out more.
Are you someone who takes longer to realize that you deserve better? When it comes to finding your own happiness and well-being, time shouldn’t be a factor. You can mess up a thousand times, but it’s never too late to start thinking of yourself. Take a moment to explore why it’s never too late to realize that you deserve better.
It’s never too late to make a change. The time will always be right when your heart realizes you deserve better.
It’s common for people to regret that they were slow to recognize that fact. They don’t understand how they could have waited so long to react.
It’s important to remember that the brain, especially the area related to emotions, is generally reluctant to change. You tell yourself that you’re going to “hold on a bit longer”, “things might get better”.
But if over time, nothing changes and you stay unhappy, it’s time to tell yourself that you deserve better. You should, more than anything, re-center yourself in your own peace.
Let’s take a closer look.
You deserve better: it’s never too late
Let’s consider the word “late” for a moment. It can be applied to meetings that you arrive to late for whatever reason. Late is when you forget to turn down the stove in time and the food burns.
These are two simple examples that show one essential thing: there’s no turning back. No matter what you do, your stew is overcooked, and you’re late for your meeting.
But the word changes when it comes to your life. To the essential and basic end-point of human happiness, the word “late” doesn’t exist, nor is it appropriate. It’s always a good time to fight for your well-being.
As such, it’s important to keep these things in mind.
The fear factor
- Fear is a barrier that, oftentimes, prevents you from building your own happiness. What’s more, it can prevent you from reaching your dreams and forcing you out of your comfort zone.
- For example, many people do the following and aren’t entirely conscious of it. They camouflage fear with resignation. “That’s just how it is, you just need to accept it.” “If I leave this I’ll probably just find something worse”.
- Further, people rationalize fear, making it a daily thing that controls them entirely because they’ve already given up.
- Those who give up and stop fighting end up trapped in a slow decline of unhappiness that could lead to depression.
- You need to understand what fear truly is: an emotion that alerts you to danger. As such, you should avoid hiding it, or not paying attention to this natural human instinct. Instead, you should try to understand it, process it, and then act as needed.
You don’t need to “be afraid of fear”; you need to know how to listen to it. Indeed, it’s a clear indicator of your own unrest or internal unease.
The best time is NOW
Now you understand that you can’t use the word “late” for your happiness or the endless search for well-being. You also know that fear is an indicator that warns you if you’re unwell, that your situation is unsustainable.
So…why don’t you act on it? Firstly, rationalize your fear; set aside limiting and insecure attitudes. This will allow you to overcome the obstacles that are preventing you from developing as a person.
- It’s likely that at these times, you’re going through a rough patch. This can involve problems with work, family, emotions, personal dissatisfaction, and so on.
- Sometimes small changes bring great results. As such, when faced with these obstacles that stifle you and rob you of your energy and optimism, you must find a solution.
- Often, the solution is movement: step over the line of fear, get out of your comfort zone. Get over your rigidity and move beyond thoughts like “that ship has sailed”, or “it’s already too late for me”.
The best time for you is now. Yesterday doesn’t exist, and tomorrow still hasn’t been written, so…why not give it a try? What could be so bad about finding out you deserve better?
The joy in taking the first step
There’s one thing you have to remember. Fear will always accompany you. This is especially true when you take that first step to change and when you leave certain things behind.
You don’t know how you’re going to find what you’re looking for. You also don’t know whether what you’re going to do will work out. Therefore, fear will always be an inseparable partner.
But it’s an exciting fear, full of expectation because everything is new and you’re in control.
The joy of taking that first step is enriching and it’s never too late to experience it.
We all deserve the best at all times, at every moment of our lives. Rather than expecting it to come from other people, it’s worth stepping up to create your own destiny.
Are you brave enough to?