Melon, Green Apple and Cucumber Weight Loss Shake
We recommend drinking this melon, green apple and cucumber weight loss shake for 15 consecutive days, which will help you gradually and naturally lose weight.
It’s a simple and medicinal remedy that detoxes the body and speeds up our metabolism. In addition, it’s also an energizing and delicious drink to start the day off with.
You’ll notice the positive results of drinking it after a couple of weeks when complemented with a varied and balanced diet. Below, we’ll explain what this weight loss shake can do for you and we’ll explain how to prepare it.
Ingredients of the melon, green apple and cucumber shake
We’ll start by telling you something important as well as logical: For maximum effectiveness, you shouldn’t put any sweetener in this drink. If you choose, for example, a lightly ripened melon, this alone will give the shake a fresh sweet taste.
Above all, this weight loss shake should be healthy, energetic and cleansing. This’s why it’s important that you look for organic fruits. Let’s see how each of these ingredients can help us lose weight.
Melon: refreshing and ideal for maintaining a healthy weight
- Choose any type of melon you want or one that’s in season. The mere amount of natural sugars found in melon satisfies our sweet tooth, without affecting our health.
- Both melons and watermelons are high in water, fiber, antioxidants and contain very few calories, two great aspects.
- Nutritionists recommend that we consume 1 cup of melon in the morning or in the late afternoon as a snack, combining it with other fruits, cereal, or natural yogurt. It’s a great way to watch our weight.
Visit this article: Fiber-Packed Foods that Can Help You Lose Weight
Green apples are filling
In this shake, you’ll add an unpeeled green apple. The reason why this fruit is so appropriate for regulating our weight is that it’s low in sodium and in calories. Also, it’s rich in antioxidants, which speed up our metabolism.
- Green apples only contain 80 calories per piece. If we add to this its high fiber content, we’ll understand why it’s so appropriate to drink this smoothie at breakfast. It should be noted that the pectin in this food is known to act beneficially on the microbiota.
- Eating an apple in combination with melon juice and cucumber will allow soluble fibers to start their work in the intestinal tract.
- Another interesting fact is that green apples allow us to stabilize blood sugar levels, which is important for diabetic people. This is proven by research published in PLOS Medicine.
Cucumbers are hydrating
Although this is shocking for many, cucumbers belong to the same family as watermelons. Therefore, it’s another great food to hydrate us, cleanse our body of toxins and reduce our cholesterol levels.
- A useful fact about this weight loss shake is that it’s going to help us combat water retention and reduce the heavy feeling we can sometimes get in our stomachs.
- Furthermore, cucumbers are rich in enzymes and vitamins. They also have the ability to stimulate blood circulation. This is undoubtedly something amazing.
Recipe of melon, green apple and cucumber shake
It’s important to keep in mind that the more water we use, the more liquid and lighter in flavor the shake will be. Therefore, we should use very little water at the beginning. About 10-20 milliliters of water is enough to start with. Also, don’t forget that many of the ingredients are already quite rich in water.
- 1 cup of melon (150 g).
- 1 green apple.
- one cucumber.
- water (20 ml).
Also read: 8 Surprising Benefits of Green Apples
- The first thing that you should do is wash the apple and the cucumber. You shouldn’t peel the apple, but you should cut it in four parts and take out its seeds.
- With the cucumber, all you have to do is peel it and cut it in various pieces in order to make it easier to blend.
- Next, choose the type of melon that you like most. Take out the seeds and chop it into pieces, reserve 1 cup.
- Then, you should add the melon, the apple pieces and the cucumber to the blender. You should obtain a smooth mixture and then add a glass of water to it.
- If you want to increase the cleansing and detoxicating power of this weight loss shake then include a dash of lemon juice. You’ll also provide vitamin C, a nutrient that has been shown to improve the functioning of the immune system.
However, we remind you that this melon, green apple and cucumber smoothie helps you lose weight only if accompanied by a varied and balanced diet. Also don’t forget to exercise to enhance the effects of this amazing shake. In the context of a sedentary lifestyle, the power of the shake to induce weight loss will be very limited.
All cited sources were thoroughly reviewed by our team to ensure their quality, reliability, currency, and validity. The bibliography of this article was considered reliable and of academic or scientific accuracy.
- Beukema M, Faas MM, de Vos P. The effects of different dietary fiber pectin structures on the gastrointestinal immune barrier: impact via gut microbiota and direct effects on immune cells. Exp Mol Med. 2020 Sep;52(9):1364-1376. doi: 10.1038/s12276-020-0449-2. Epub 2020 Sep 10. PMID: 32908213.
- Borvornparadorn M, Sapampai V, et al. Increased chewing reduces energy intake, but not postprandial glucose and insulin, in healthy weight and overweight young adults. Nutrition and Dietetics. Febrero 2019. 76 (1): 89-94.
- Carr AC, Maggini S. Vitamin C and Immune Function. Nutrients. 2017 Nov 3;9(11):1211. doi: 10.3390/nu9111211. PMID: 29099763; PMCID: PMC5707683.
- Medline Plus. Antioxidantes. Biblioteca Nacional de Medicina.
- Reynolds AN, Akerman AP, Mann J. Dietary fibre and whole grains in diabetes management: Systematic review and meta-analyses. PLoS Med. 2020 Mar 6;17(3):e1003053. doi: 10.1371/journal.pmed.1003053. PMID: 32142510; PMCID: PMC7059907.