Make Seed Bags to Ease Pain
Depending on the pain, hot or cold seed bags help to relieve discomfort. A benefit of seed sacks is that they make it harder to burn ourselves.
Muscular pain is a common discomfort. It can happen because of a difficult lifestyle or physical overexertion.
There are several things that can cause muscle tension and pain. Among these are bad posture, too much physical activity, and too much stress.
When we have pain, we usually take over-the-counter painkillers. These medications relieve the pain and speed up healing.
However, it has been shown that taking large amounts of painkillers is bad. Excessive consumption can be counterproductive and result in unwanted side effects.
Luckily, there are alternative solutions. These have the same pain-relieving effects without the side effects.
Among them, we find interesting seed bags. Seed bags are very popular for their ability to relieve pain.
This treatment is 100% ecological and natural, and can be made at home. By doing so, we can use things we already have and save money.
Do you want to learn how to make them?
What are the benefits of seed bags?
Seed bags are just what you would expect from the name. They are small, soft cotton bags that are filled with seeds. Many different kinds of seeds can be used for them too.
These bags have been used for quite a while. They have many cold and hot therapeutic benefits. They can reduce pain in your joints, muscles, and other parts of your body.
Their main function is to promote good circulation where they are placed. These seed bags do this by reducing inflammation and promoting a feeling of relief.
They also reduce headaches, fevers, and other inflammatory problems.
Here is a list of seeds you should use. They are good to use because they are filled with healing properties.
Some of the most used are:
- Four O’Clocks
- Canary Grass
The biggest advantage of these seeds is their size. Their size makes it possible for them to conform to any shape. This means they are always ready for use.
How do you make seed bags?
Some stores already offer these small bags. They especially sell them to those with constant aches and pains.
However, if you can sew, you can make them at home. This way, you can save money. You can also use recyclable materials and cheap seeds.
- 1 piece of cotton fabric
- 1 needle
- Thread (any color you want)
- Seeds or rice (the necessary amount)
- To start, cut a piece of cotton cloth. Make sure it will stand up to being heated in the microwave. Since the idea is to save money, you can use old clothes.
- Choose the seeds you want to use: flax seeds, rice, chia seeds, or even garbanzo beans. After getting enough to fill your sack, put them to the side.
- As an additional option, you can add aromatic herbs. This helps with the bag’s painkilling and calming properties.
- Use the needle to sew a small bag. Leave an opening to put the seeds in.
- If you are not able to sew, there is another option. Put the seeds in the middle of the cloth. Bring the four corners together and tie them.
- Add the seeds to the fabric sac. Don’t fill it completely full. The bag shouldn’t be hard.
- Sew the bag closed so that the seeds can’t get out. Then use the bag as a muscle relaxing therapy.
How to use the bags
These bags can be used cold or hot. This allows them to treat the kind of pain you have.
Microwave the bag for two minutes. This gives it time to heat up. The heat should last for half an hour.
Make sure the bag isn’t too hot. Otherwise, you could burn yourself.
Use them for:
- Muscle pain
- Cervical pain
- Menstrual cramps
- Stiff neck
Put the bag in the freezer. Let it cool for at least two hours. This allows the seeds to stay cold.
Put them on the sore areas. Keep the bag on that spot for around 20 minutes.
This treatment is useful for:
- Circulatory problems
- Bug bites
- Tired eyes
This easy tool is a great option. It allows you to relieve one of the most common recurring symptoms.
Try to make your own. And always keep it ready. That way you can enjoy its benefits each time pain interrupts your life.