Arnica and Coconut Oil Ointment to Treat Lower Back Pain
Although arnica is well-known for its anti-inflammatory properties, coconut oil can also help when trying to relieve lower back pain.
Would you like to treat lower back pain naturally?
Lower back pain, also known as lumbago, is an uncomfortable pain in the lower back. Normally, the intense pain is accompanied by inflammation. The most common cause is the deterioration of the muscles caused by aging.
In this article, we’ll share a cheap and easy ointment that you can make to treat lower back pain.
Both women and man can suffer from this pain, and it often appears between the ages of 30 and 50 years old. It’s a pain located around kidney height and is one of the most common reasons for visiting the doctor and absence from work.
The main causes for this pain are a slipped disc or degeneration of the vertebrae, which gets worse with age.
The older we get, the weaker our bones,the less agile we are, and the weaker our muscles get. At the same time, the spinal discs lose fluid and flexibility and aren’t so well-protected.
Lumbago has many different causes that are often related to age.
Muscle weakening is one common cause. Sometimes, making a strenuous effort to lift a heavy object can cause the muscles to stretch, and this can cause problems lifting things or even walking.
Other conditions can, in turn, also cause lower back pain:
- Sciatica, which manifests itself as a strong pain in the leg, can cause lower back pain.
- Spondylolisthesis, which is where a vertebra becomes displaced in the lower part of the back. This can cause instability and compromise the nerves.
- Osteoarthritis in the lower back, where the spinal discs wear. This causes inflammation as well as a lack of stability in the lower back. This condition causes pain, inflammation and discomfort in the lower back. It can even cause sciatica in many cases.
- Other common causes are fractures in the spinal cord, osteoporosis, spinal cancer, a slipped disc, kidney infections, kidney stones, problems with a woman’s reproductive organs, or problems relating to pregnancy.
Luckily, ointments can be very effective to treat lower back pain naturally.
This ingredient has analgesic properties that soothe pain caused by sprains or other muscle injuries. It’s also an anti-inflammatory and helps reduce the swelling caused by injuries thanks to a compound known as Helenalin.
Because of its antimicrobial properties, it can soothe irritation when applied to the skin.
Arnica also has the ability to stimulate blood circulation. This helps treat bruises and reduces the chance of them occurring.
The saturated fats in coconut oil are absorbed very easily by the body.
The make-up of coconut oil includes lauric acid, palmitic acid, myristic acid, oleic acid, and linoleic acid. It also contains iron and vitamins E and K which make it a fantastic ingredient for your health.
Furthermore, it’s antimicrobial, anti-fungal, and anti-bacterial. It even stimulates the immune system and is used as a muscle relaxant.
Combining the properties of arnica and coconut oil turns out to be a cheap and easy natural solution to treat lower back pain. Adding a little beeswax will give it some consistency and help in its application.
You might like:
- 3 tablespoons of beeswax (45 g)
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil (15 ml)
- 2 tablespoons of arnica oil (30 ml)
How to Make It
- Heat the beeswax in a Bain Marie.
- When it has melted, put it over a low heat and add the arnica and coconut oils.
- Stir everything, turn off the heat, and leave it to cool.
- Apply to the affected area twice a day.
Before you go, read:
If you start to notice lower back pain, it’s better to attend to it before it gets worse. As we mentioned, the causes can be many, but for each one there is a specific treatment.
While you wait to receive the right treatment for you, you can use this ointment to soothe the pain. It works really quickly, and is safe and natural.