4 Natural Solutions for Dark Circles
We are constantly aware of the idea of beauty every day. We aren’t talking about extreme treatments or tons of makeup, just the beauty that every person naturally radiates.
This can be expressed and achieved through an endless number of ways. There are several products that provide benefits to the skin and the body.
But when we talk about natural beauty, the emphasis is on what we transmit towards others through how we care for ourselves.
In order to achieve this, it is important to fight public enemy number one of facial beauty: dark circles.
What Are Dark Circles?
These are known as dark grooves beneath the eye which may be blue, coffee-colored or purple. The color varies for each person.
Causes of Dark Circles
Although dark circles are not an illness nor a disease, they are a product of minor and serious illnesses having to do with the body.
- One of the main reasons for dark circles is advanced age. As the years go by, blood circulation decreases in that area.
- Fatigue can also make a dent on our face. When we are exhausted, the body loses the ability to regenerate cellular tissue.
- There are many people who for genetic reasons have different tones of dark circles. These appear at a young age and usually are permanent.
- Aside from dark circles, retention of liquids can also cause large bags under the eyes to form. This is a large sign of fatigue and it can also be extremely aesthetically displeasing.
- Lack of oxygen produces dehydration in the cells, which is seen in dark areas of the skin. This is heightened by tobacco, alcohol and coffee consumption.
The following treatments are the most effective treating skin problems, especially with the face, which has very delicate skin.
You should also avoid at all cost using highly chemical products or, even worse, operations that put your health at risk.
Cucumber is one of the most used foods in beauty treatments, due to its outstanding components such as caffeic and ascorbic acids and vitamin C.
They maintain healthy skin, relieve irritation and reduce inflammation.
- 2 slices of cucumber
- Wash your face thoroughly, especially where you have dark circles.
- Place the cucumber slices over the dark circles, one for each eye.
- Let sit for 10 minutes to achieve the desired effect.
- After, wash the area where the cucumber was.
We can find chamomile in many different forms. It is known as a very healthy plant with anti-inflammatory properties.
For dark circles, we’ll use tea bags.
- 2 bags of chamomile tea.
- Wash your face thoroughly, especially where you have dark circles and eye bags.
- Place a tea bag on each eye and let sit for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Wash the area again with lukewarm water.
- We recommend repeating this at least twice a week.
This is easy to find in any household and has multiple benefits for the body.
However, here we will not be drinking it but rather we will apply it to diminish the dark color under the eyes.
- 2 glasses of cold milk (500 ml)
- 2 facial pads
- You also must wash your face before applying this natural solution.
- Soak the pads in the half-liter of cold milk.
- Drain them, then place them over the eses for about 15 minutes.
- To finish, wash your face with lukewarm water.
Although it is one of the solutions most rarely used, it is also very effective. In general we recommend it when the skin is very delicate and no other treatment can be used.
- 1 glass of cold water (200 ml)
- 2 cotton balls
- Soak the cotton balls and apply to each dark circle. Let sit for 5 minutes.
Give one of these natural solutions a try!