Use Onion to Help Treat Cough, Allergies, or Flu
Are you fighting yet another cold this winter? Does the flu have you down? Are you sick and tired of those annoying allergies? Learn how to take advantage of the amazing benefits of onions to treat your cough, allergies and the flu.
The changes of the seasons can weaken your body’s immune system. This can lead to all kinds of problems, like cough, allergies sparking up, the flu, or other respiratory conditions, especially during cold weather. These are common and easy to treat disorders, but they almost always bring along symptoms that prevent you from living your daily life.
While there are lots of products and treatments that can speed up your recovery, you may also need to turn to home remedies keep your symptoms under control.
Luckily, they’re easy to make and typically contain ingredients available during any season.
Today, we’d like to share a remedy to help treat a cough, allergies, or the flu that you can make with onion. Believe it or not, this flavorful vegetable can actually help to alleviate all kinds of respiratory problems. Give it a try!
The amazing benefits of onionsOnions are a very well known vegetable that’s been used for centuries. Valued for their nutrient content, onions are in countless culinary and medicinal recipes.
They have a high concentration of sulfur, which -along with its unique flavor – also gives them their antibacterial, antioxidant, and anti-inflammatory properties. These properties are especially helpful when it comes to treating all kinds of diseases.
Onions also have large quantities of vitamins A and C, which are important for strengthening your immune system and fighting against pathogens that impact your health.
These two vitamins can also help improves the health of your skin, reduce your risk of heart disorders, and keeps your body’s excretory system working properly.Onions also have a diuretic effect that relieves fluid retention, which can cause tissues inflammation.
They’re also a good support when it comes to treating respiratory infections. This is thanks to their expectorant and anti-inflammatory effects, which alleviate throat irritation, coughing, and congestion.
Because of their high content of essential nutrients, they can help reduce the presence of viruses and bacteria that are related to the flu, tonsillitis, and asthma.
Lastly, onions contain antihistamine compounds that block the substances that trigger allergic reactions.
How to make a natural onion treatment for a cough, allergies, or the flu
This onion preparation is an antibiotic treatment that you can use to alleviate common respiratory problems like a cough, allergies, or the flu.
It can help relieve the symptoms that make you feel sick while also fighting the organisms that cause the problem.
Because it feeds the healthy bacteria in your intestines, using this remedy can improve your immune response and create a protective barrier against future attacks.
- 3 onions
- 2 cloves of garlic
- The juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon of honey (25 g, optional)
- Peel the onions and cut them into several pieces.
- Add them to a blender along with the juice of one lemon and two cloves of garlic.
- Once you get a thick paste, press it through a cloth to strain the juice.
- If you it seems too thick, add a couple of tablespoons of water and blend again.
- After you make this treatment, store it in a glass jar for 24 hours.
- You can sweeten it with the optional tablespoon of honey when you take it.
When to take it
- At the first sign of a respiratory problem, take a tablespoon of this treatment every four hours.
- Once you notice your symptoms are improving, take two tablespoons a day.
- As a preventative measure, you can have a tablespoon on an empty stomach.
Other benefits of onionThe main focus of this onion remedy is to help treat things like cough, allergies, or the flu, but its properties also make it a great ally for your overall health.
You might like:
This remedy can also help:
- Protect your cardiovascular and circulatory systems
- Relieve joint and muscle pain
- Avoid urinary tract infections
- Prevent intestinal and digestive problems
- Fight skin infections, along with fungus and warts
- Treat burns and superficial wounds
- Reduce menstrual cramps
- Eliminate blemishes on the skin
- Relieve ear pain
It’s important to understand that the effects of this treatment can vary from person to person, depending on the disease and the immune response.
You can use it as an alternative treatment or as a complement to medications designed to control these symptoms.
Don’t take more than the recommended amount because it can also have negative side effects.