How to Make a Garlic and Lemon Ointment for Varicose Veins
Did you know that it’s possible to make your own ointment for varicose veins out of garlic and lemon?
As well as being natural and home-made, it’s also very effective if you use it regularly. This way, you’ll be able to prevent this circulation problem and have great youthful legs!
In this article, we’ll share the recipe for this cream. We’ll also tell you all about the health properties of garlic and lemon. Both medicinal ingredient stand out for their incredible cosmetic uses at home.
Try out this ointment! It’s really simple, and you’ll be surprised at the results!
If you’re going to treat varicose veins naturally, you should bear the following things in mind:
- Always eat a balanced diet, rich in fruits and vegetables, whole grains, legumes, and nuts.
- Regular physical exercise is very important.
- Cut out bad habits such as alcohol or smoking.
- Avoid remaining in the same posture for long periods of time, whether standing or sitting down.
- Wear clothes and shoes that fit correctly.
- Supplements or medicinal plants can help improve circulation and venous return.
As well as considering these tips and guidelines, you can also complement them with a very simple home-made natural remedy. It’s a garlic and lemon ointment for varicose veins and you can make it yourself very cheaply.
We’ll use 5 ingredients to make this garlic and lemon ointment. Each ingredient has highly beneficial health properties for preventing and treating varicose veins:
- Garlic: Garlic is very effective for treating varicose veins, whether ingested or applied externally. This superfood has a powerful vasodilator and fluidising effect on the blood, which improves circulation.
- Lemon: Lemon also helps blood flow as a result of its citric acid content. Furthermore, it’s a powerful anti-oxidant and it helps get rid of skin blemishes.
- Olive Oil: Olive Oil is the oily base for this ointment. If provides the right texture for the lotion so that you can apply it easily. It’s also used to macerate the garlic. This way, you don’t need to apply the garlic directly. Its mono-unsaturated fats deeply nourish the skin as well as providing elasticity.
- Aloe vera: Aloe vera is the ideal ingredient for emulsifying the oil and making it easier to apply. It also provides freshness and soothes the inflammation, as well as hydrating and protecting the skin.You can either naturally extract the gel from the stem of the plant yourself, or you can buy it. However, it should be as pure as possible.
- Rosemary Essential Oil: The final ingredient in this ointment is rosemary essential oil. This pure essence is the most effective when it comes to improving circulation and encouraging good oxygenation of the area you apply it to. Furthermore, it also works to improve the smell of the ointment and hide the garlic smell. If you don’t have this oil to hand, you can add fresh rosemary leaves when you grind the garlic in the oil.
Garlic and Lemon Ointment for Varicose Veins
- 10 cloves of garlic
- The juice of 1 lemon
- 1 glass of olive oil (200 ml)
- ½ glass of aloe vera gel (100 ml)
- 20 drops of rosemary essential oil
How to Make it
- First, peel the garlic and chop the cloves.
- Then, extract the juice from the lemon.
- Put both ingredients into a glass jar with the olive oil and shake them to mix them. Then, seal the jar tightly so that it’s airtight.
- Leave it to cure for 21 days in a dark place.
- Once the three weeks are up, pass the liquid through a sieve to remove the garlic. You can throw the garlic away.
- Add the aloe vera gel to the oil and mix them well to get a good ointment texture.
- Add the rosemary essential oil to improve the aroma.
- Each night before going to bed, apply this ointment for varicose veins over the affected areas and cover with a bandage or a cloth.
- If the smell doesn’t bother you, you can repeat this in the morning, too.
This treatment is effective if you’re patient and use it regularly. As well as preventing the onset of varicose veins, it will also be useful for stopping spider veins from getting worse.It might interest you...