Making a Slimming Green Tea Lemonade
Many people ignore that something as simple as a green tea lemonade can make a the difference in a weight loss plan. This in spite of how increasingly common it is to seek alternatives to get rid of excess body fat given that we’ve learned that excess weight increases the risk for serious diseases.
Although having a nice figure continues to be a motivation for shedding pounds, we’ve learned that the importance of losing weight is about being healthy. Thus, there are many slimming methods but the best are those that aren’t too strict or harmful.
These options include some natural dietary supplements. One of their properties is they can speed up your metabolism and help increase your energy expenditures to reduce the accumulation of fat. One of these supplements is green tea, a plant that’s been on top in terms of slimming properties.
Green tea lemonade to lose weight
Green tea lemonade is rich in antioxidant compounds, vitamins and minerals that support a healthy metabolism to lose excess weight.
Both green tea and lemon are worldwide known for their cleansing diuretic properties that support the elimination of waste from the body. Thus, they support the body in the process of waste elimination.
These two ingredients also have anti-inflammatory properties, according to a study published in the International Journal of Molecular Medicine. that help control the processes of inflammation in addition to reducing your waist.
Green tea contains a powerful antioxidant, known as Epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG), which supports the reduction of fat, cholesterol, and triglycerides. This is evidenced by research published in Molecules.
Its regular consumption prevents the oxidation of lipids, favors the elimination of retained fluid, and improves your sensitivity to insulin.
See also 8 Reasons to Eat More Oatmeal
In turn, the vitamin C in lemons has a cleansing effect that supports the process of elimination of toxins. It’s also key to immune function.
This vitamin, coupled with the other nutrients in lemon such as potassium and fiber, helps improves fat digestion, filters the bloodstream, and decreases the accumulation of lipids in the arterial walls.
It also has a high concentration of polyphenols, the antioxidants that stimulate the liver function that reduces excess fat.
In addition to it all, lemon makes you feel sated and reduces that insatiable craving to overeat thanks to the pectin it contains.
Green tea lemonade recipe for weight loss
To enhance the properties of this beverage, we suggest adding extra nutrients with the help of ginger and honey.
This natural spice has anti-inflammatory, antibacterial and thermogenic properties that support your body’s process of converting sugar into energy.
And honey not only acts as a natural sweetener, but contains energy and antibiotics that benefit your health.
Adding them to this recipe helps to support your body’s immune system and it may even help to reduce your risk of infection.
- 1 qt. of water
- 2 lemons
- 4 bags of green tea
- 2 tbsp. of pure, organic honey (50 g.)
- 1 tbsp. of fresh ginger (10 g.)
How do you make it?
- Bring the water to a boil over high heat
- Meanwhile, wash the lemons thoroughly and grate a bit of the zest to add to the water; reserve the lemon juice
- Allow the lemon zest tea to simmer for five minutes over low heat
- After this time, remove it from the heat and add the green tea bags and the ginger
- Cover and allow it to steep for 10 minutes
- Next, add the lemon juice and the honey
- Store this lemonade in the fridge for two hours or until it’s nice and cold
- Strain off the liquid and consume it when it’s ready
- Finally, you can enjoy this beverage two to three times a day.
Read about the Properties of Lemon and Natural Remedies
Things to keep in mind!
Although the regular consumption of this green tea lemonade can help you lose weight, it’s important to know that you’ll only see results if you also control your intake of calories and fat. Prioritizing the intake of fresh foods over ultra-processed foods is key.
A daily diet packed with saturated fats, sugars, and commercial products will overturn the benefits of any other healthy efforts you may be making.
It’s also essential that you complement your consumption of this lemonade with six to seven glasses of water per day. This precious liquid supports your body’s natural cleansing process and is key for weight loss. Be sure to get organic lemons as you’re going to consume the peel.
All cited sources were thoroughly reviewed by our team to ensure their quality, reliability, currency, and validity. The bibliography of this article was considered reliable and of academic or scientific accuracy.
- Xia HM, Wang J, Xie XJ, Xu LJ, Tang SQ. Green tea polyphenols attenuate hepatic steatosis, and reduce insulin resistance and inflammation in high-fat diet-induced rats. Int J Mol Med. 2019 Oct;44(4):1523-1530. doi: 10.3892/ijmm.2019.4285. Epub 2019 Jul 23. PMID: 31364723.
- Rothenberg DO, Zhou C, Zhang L. A Review on the Weight-Loss Effects of Oxidized Tea Polyphenols. Molecules. 2018 May 14;23(5):1176. doi: 10.3390/molecules23051176. PMID: 29758009; PMCID: PMC6099746.
- Carr AC, Maggini S. Vitamin C and Immune Function. Nutrients. 2017 Nov 3;9(11):1211. doi: 10.3390/nu9111211. PMID: 29099763; PMCID: PMC5707683.