How to Lose Weight with Ginger Tea (and when to avoid it)
Ginger tea – have you ever tried it? It’s a root that has many medicinal properties, one of which is helping you lose weight in a healthy, natural way. Its pleasant, spicy flavor makes it a perfect partner to help you not only slim down, but it also alleviates pain and can be one of the best anti-inflammatory agents in the world.
In today’s article we want to explain how to best use ginger tea to lose weight. But it’s also important to know when it’s not appropriate to consume this delicious tea. Are you ready to take some notes?
Why drink ginger tea to lose weight?
If you’ve noticed that lately you’ve been gaining a little weight, maybe your belly and hips have widened so much that you can’t wear your normal clothing, it’s probably time to take action. First and foremost, we are not telling you that in order to lose weight you need to limit yourself to only drinking ginger tea for days. Not at all.
Ginger tea is intended as a complement to a healthy, weight loss diet. That means it’s important that you reduce your daily fat intake and try to eat better overall, by making delicious salads, steamed vegetables, and don’t neglect your daily doses of protein, fiber, and plenty of water.
If you also add a little exercise and a cup of ginger tea after each meal, you’ll reach your ideal weight in five weeks. Sure, it requires effort on your part, but there’s no doubt that it’s worth it.
Let’s find out why ginger tea helps promote weight loss:
1. Facilitates better digestion
One of the greatest benefits of ginger is that it promotes better digestion. Do you know why? It helps induce the regular movement of the stomach and large and small intestines. This means that your food is processed better, more easily, and you get adequate nutrition by ridding your body of what it doesn’t need.
2. Thermogenic, speeding up your metabolism
Do you know what it means when we say a food has thermogenic properties? It means it actually raises your body temperature, helping your body increase its metabolism to burn more fat.
Ginger is one of the most effective plants to help you lose weight naturally, and its thermogenic properties are one of its greatest benefits.
3. Makes you feel fuller
No doubt this has happened to you: you finish lunch, go back to work, and after a few minutes you feel a gnawing emptiness in your stomach. You’re still hungry! And that’s when you make the mistake of grabbing the nearest item on hand: some crackers, a pastry, etc.
Ginger is a known appetite suppressant, making it an appropriate choice to drink after each meal to keep you from wanting more. If you feel fuller, you won’t be tempted to snack between meals and that can hopefully hold you over until dinner.
Ginger helps eliminate those cravings and the desire to eat between meals. Why not try it out today?
4. Ginger is a wonderful antioxidant
Ginger tea is very high in antioxidants, which means that it helps your body rid itself of all the toxins that cause inflammation and disease. Your organs will function better and that helps you burn fat more easily. It’s a great natural way to improve your health!
How to make ginger tea
- 1 cup of water (200 ml)
- 30 grams of ginger (chop the root into pieces the width of your finger)
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 1 tablespoon of honey (20 grams)
- Ginger tea is simple to make. First you should heat your cup of water in a kettle or teapot made of copper or clay. Typically teapots made from aluminum or metal don’t preserve the medicinal properties of certain plants, so if possible you should avoid using those materials.
- Bring the water to a boil, add the ginger, and allow it to simmer for 20 minutes. Once it’s done, turn off the heat and let it stand for 10 minutes. Pour this tea into your favorite mug and add the juice of half a lemon. Stir it well and add the tablespoon of honey. It’s delicious!
When should you drink it?
- Try starting out with two cups a day after lunch and dinner, for 15 days. Take a week off, and then start again. Always remember to keep a healthy diet and get plenty of exercise.
When should you avoid consuming ginger?
- It’s not a good idea to consume ginger or ginger tea if you’ve been prescribed medications to treat diabetes or high blood pressure. Such drugs shouldn’t be taken with this herb.
- If you’re pregnant or breastfeeding, you should also avoid ginger. Don’t forget!